Cops questions a 150mph+ Forum bragger!

haha, :lol:
you wont catch me putting proof of my infractions on the net.
i want to know how the hell the driver held the mobile phone and weaved in and out of traffic at over 110mph up to 140mph.
even if he wasnt holding the fone, the passenger would have been distracting his driving by holding their hand i front of his face.
Can i say T w a t ?

Using the Hard shoulder is one of the most risky things an overaking driver can do, because there is a lot more debris there, and higher likely hood of slipping, or having a blowout.

if i said i've done 145mph following a Bently continental GT on an empty straight piece of motorway would i go to jail?
Because i didnt do it. Or did i? :wink:

Speeding is not nearly as dangerous as keeping the incorrect braking distance between the car in front. THAT is what causes accidents, & in Germany the Road agency know it.

p4paco said:
Speeding is not nearly as dangerous as keeping the incorrect braking distance between the car in front. THAT is what causes accidents, & in Germany the Road agency know it.

I'm sorry but what a stupid thing to say. Its not always the car infront that you hit or causes the accident! Its normally the idiot going too fast regardless how close he/she is to the car in front. Speed limits are there because of human reaction time, not what a car is capeable of.

Sorry, rant over

Sorry

sorry fingers :oops:
i think that came out wrong :shock: .
:!: i'm not saying that speeding is justifiable or that it is safe.

i ment that,... Not keeping a safe distance between the car ahead is More dangerous.

Which acording to what i've learned is 2 seconds. A 2 second gap looks colossal at motorway speeds, and unfortuately its not often you'll see drivers giving enough distance to eachother, ESPECIALLY when changing lanes.

Another important aspect you have highlighted, is that its not always the car infront/behind that causes the accident. This is why its important to slow down on approach, before passing slower moving traffic, so that if any of them do decide/need the fast lane, then you wouldnt have to brake hard.
So Ideally, i guess that means you shouldn't be more then 10mph faster then slower traffic in the lane directly next to you. but obviosly thats not always practical;
eg, caravan slowing down to 45mph uphill on motorway, doesnt mean the middle laners should automatically do 55mph. Because then the guy behind in his 1.4Corsa would probably try and get into the fast lane to maintain his speed, & then Mr Lexus is200 probably speeding in fast lane may need to do an evaisive manouvre.

But to reiterate, it is not good to carry too much speed when passing people in the lane directly next to yours.

Another thing (kind of seperate issue) i have observed, is that quite often, instead of braking people would rather swerve. :?:

Fingers, why are you called Fingers ?
i'm guessin its because your good with your hands,
or you got 6 fingers. (either is cool)
Oh and how is the porsche powered baby comming along? :?:

No worries mate. :wink:

That 2 second rule is spot on. "Only a fool breaks the 2 second rule". :D I do think that we need a minimum speed limit for our major roads though maybe to get grandad to hurry along a bit and actually find 4th gear. :rolleyes:

Thats a good point about the swerve thing. I thnk it is to do with your arms being closer to your brain than your legs? Apparently your arms react quicker. Next time you get a chance, frighten the poo out of someone. Their arms go mad but thier legs bearly move. The brain does some strange things when it comes to motor functions. i.e. The reason you bite your tongue when your concentrating is to hold your tongue still so your brain doesn't have to worry what its doing, this way it can concentrate more on the job in hand. This is also the reason why women pull stupid faces while ptting on makeup, its simply because they're concentrating. (how did I end up talking about this?)

Fingers, why are you called Fingers ?
i'm guessin its because your good with your hands,
or you got 6 fingers. (either is cool)

Close. :wink: My total finger count (both hands) is 9 (well, 9 and a half ish). I cut two off 5 years ago, one was sewn back on, the other was too minced.

The Porsche - Minor Project is a a bit of a halt at the mo and probably will not get picked up again untill next year. I have a small person taking up my time. :rolleyes: :lol:

ouch. :shock:
That Must of hurt a fair bit before your brain numbed the sensation.
(i sliced HALF my hand open once, my palm was half hanging off)

Congrats on the Little one :D ,
:? although its slightly strange that you know so much about make up. LoL.
Must be all that time waiting for the missis to get ready. :lol:

The make up thing bothered me too. Good observation about the arms. Scared my milkman this morning and there is milk all over the driveway and on his trousers his legs hardly moved :lol: