Copied car designs.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I'm seeing so many makers copying each other designs. The new fiat look is very reminicent of the Aston martin DB front! (OR is this just me?)

fiat-grande-punto-01a.jpg

What other copycat designs can you find or remember. There is a Lancia that looks like a Delorean. in the Early 90's the VW Golf, Astra Mk3 and Citroen ZX rears were all pretty much identical!

i think fiat own maserati (or the other way round), dont you think the punto looks exactly like the maserati 3200gt from the front (which coincidently looks like a DB7 from the front!!)

Yeah that one got me too. I though ah here comes a DB9 - then as it passed I wondered why the owner had stuck a Jaguar badge on the back. (Rumour mill - JCB are looking to buy Jaguar from Ford!!)

The new Ford grills are very similar to Aston Martin designs. It looks good but surely originality should count for something.

They bought the old design from Audi and stuck cheaper interior plastics on it. It was a great floorpan and worked really well so its potentially a very good car.