Cone Air Filters

MRJ

Car
BMW E90 330d
Hi All,

I have an Audi A4 2006 2ltr tdi, it has been re-mapped but I still think it lacks a bit of guts at top end. Would a cone air filter do the job, at the moment I have a piper cross panel filter.

Cheers

hey and welcome, probably not as the standard airboxes run well.
better idea would be to get the cat and dpf internals removed and mapped again to suit.

after this your looking at a bit mroe work involving new turbo etc

Does it have a decent cold aiur feed? My siggie has a good feed from the grille as standard so I've took off the resonators to let more in and kept the airbox standard but with a k and n.

Rememver to it is a diesel so ragging it to its rev limiter is not the best way to drive it.

Like yugguy said. If the filter needs changing then just go for a k&n panel filter.
No need to go for a cone filter as the panel one will 9 times out of 10 out perform the cone filter. Only reason you would go with a cone is if you needed the extra room in the bay for a big turbo for example.

Does it have a decent cold aiur feed? My siggie has a good feed from the grille as standard so I've took off the resonators to let more in and kept the airbox standard but with a k and n.

Rememver to it is a diesel so ragging it to its rev limiter is not the best way to drive it.

It sat down the left hand side so no doesn't have a direct path.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back