compete novice bear with me haha

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Lots of various websites around for this particular car. Brakes, suspension and tyres would be a good start. Look at the exterior such as light cluster changes to LED ones, subtle body trims etc. There are also lots of things to do on the inside as well, the only limit is your wallet.

was more thinking engine wise? perfomance chips, possible turbo?

QUOTE=T9 man;267013]Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Lots of various websites around for this particular car. Brakes, suspension and tyres would be a good start. Look at the exterior such as light cluster changes to LED ones, subtle body trims etc. There are also lots of things to do on the inside as well, the only limit is your wallet.[/QUOTE]

was more thinking engine wise? perfomance chips, possible turbo?

To turbocharge a normally aspirated engine is an awful lot of money, some times the money spent does not gain the power that you might expect or want.

Have a quick read here buddy:

http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/adding-turbo.php

I would suggest you stay away from performance chips as these just lie to the ECU, get a remap done by someone reputable. Service the engine properly first; add a performance air filter, possibly a sports exhaust with suitable sports CAT.

Last edited:
Howdo.

What 206 is it? If it's one of the lower-powered ones maybe you could find a scrapped donor GTI and transplant the good bits from it?

Depends on your skill level and motivation really.

Thanks for your reply mate yeah its just a bog standard 206 sport edition tho don't know if that makes any difference I am a novice to all this. Would it be possible to put a 206 gti engine in the standard?

Howdo.

What 206 is it? If it's one of the lower-powered ones maybe you could find a scrapped donor GTI and transplant the good bits from it?

Depends on your skill level and motivation really.

by the sounds of it there's not a lot you can do to them unless you have a deep wallet lol

That certainly helps as costs can mount up fast :sad2:
After you have obtained all estimates of what it may cast add app another 30 per cent to be safe.

by the sounds of it there's not a lot you can do to them unless you have a deep wallet lol

That certainly helps as costs can mount up fast :sad2:
After you have obtained all estimates of what it may cast add app another 30 per cent to be safe.

You need to understand that an estimate is not a quote so if you can ask for a detailed quote that lists all the work .parts etc and have it signed and countersigned by you and a copy for your records and insist that you are notified of any additional costs BEFORE they are carried out.

Hello and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars, nice to have you along.

Sorry for my delay in replying to you, we've totally revamped the site, and I'm sure you'll agree it's 1000 time better than before, much faster and easier to use.

I hope you enjoy your time with us, you'll fit in just fine if you are crazy about cars and tuning them.

Please get involved in our many interesting discussions and debates.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back