civic 1994 1.6 vtec sohc esi to a 1.6 vtec vti dohc1994

revans117

Tuner
Car
civic 1.6 vtec vti
hi all i have got a civic 1994 1.6 vtec esi sohc and i want to put my civic 1.6 vtec vti dohc 1994 engine init but would i have to change the engine wirin loom over or is it just the case of one engine out and the other in

Please help as I am wanting to do the change over asap

I'm guessing this is one for Prince to answer. Other than having to swap out a few sensors I would guess you'd be ok.

Apparently the power would be down on the sohc ecu so it looks like you will need to swap the ecu after all;).

Sorry, been really busy over the last week. How does the new engine feel?

its ok mate no worrys. the engine runs ok but every now and then when i put my foot down the car kinda jolts like its miss firin then it goes again but i dont no if it is cause i had to make the cable for the lambour sensor longer and i used a different size cable so im gonna change it all to the same size cable tomorrow and go from there

I dont have to change the loom mate cause I done the engine change over the week end and it all works fine just had to change the throttle cable over

sorry about that man i spoke to a mate of from a honda dealer and he advised me to change the loom for some reason. tried to help you out man!!! guess my mate was wrong.

sorry about that man i spoke to a mate of from a honda dealer and he advised me to change the loom for some reason. tried to help you out man!!! guess my mate was wrong.

its ok mate no worry's I was gonna change the loom but thought i would try it with out changin it to save time and it worked.