Cheap daily commuter / Weekend offroad toy.....

So your all expecting a Land rover or similar....... WRONG!

I've only gone and defected to the dark side and bought meself a bike!

newbike.jpg

newbike2.jpg

Old Skool Yamaha DT125R :)
Picked it up for a steal and cheap as chips to run, but also doubles up as an awesome off road toy for the weekends. I only live 20mins from a site with a mx track and enduro area, so would be rude not to use it, even if the road spec suspension is a bit soggy on the jumps!

Has a DEP expansion pipe and Big One silencer
Larger Carb Jets
Carbon reeds
Renthal 22mm twinwall bars and pad
Black levers
pro-grip bar grips
LED indicators (soon to be replaced with something more subtle)

Plans: RIDE IT!!!!!! gonna leave it pretty much as it is, just add a graphics kit and keep on top of the maintenance. In 6months or so ill end up doing my full licence and getting a 250 or possbly bit bigger, see how it goes!

Thats looks tidy mate,

Mate of mine had a Yammy DT in black just like that one, untill he had it nicked, he loved it and had it a long time. He rides a 919 blade now, but still misses his DT.
Thought about doing my bike test and one of these would be on the short list or anything with a V twin on it, just love the sound.

Looks tidy. My missus and kids won't allow me another bike :( Can't blame them as lost a couple of mates because of them. Having built 750 superbikes as a day job as well I can say I probably wouldn't ride one if you paid me nowadays!

I too am banned from owning 2 wheels! I always wanted to try but was never allowed because it would mean i'd end up killing myself (apparently!)

I have also been told that I still can't have one even thought the kids are all over 18 now. Funny that, they don't mind me flying around a racetrack on four wheels. :confused:

Very nice looking bike that PM ;)
Please be careful and take care riding it though, I see so many accidents in central london involving bikes and I would not like to hear that something had happened to you :sad2:

I hear what your sayin, my uncle has more metal in him than bone nowadays after a few TT race crashes, and a week before i bought the bike myself and the missus witnessed a crash ( spookily enough the guy was riding a DT ) in which the rider was almost certainly killed.

So yeah, i know what im up against!

Always wanted to do motocross, never the road riding side of things that interested me that much until i saw the massive saving riding a small bike could give me! Properly in love with motocross though, have taken bike off road a few times and for what is basically a softer spongier road version of a mx bike, it dont do that badly! chasing pure bred mx 250's round the track is awesome, especially when they realise its a 22year old road bike thats pinned to their backsides! :lol:

Well, yesterday was fun! Was a proper wet track yesterday and lots of fresh wet mud + well worn road tyres = zero grip! Suffice to say i had my first proper Off yesterday, was being a bit enthusiastic and the bike lost grip on the front,i tried bringing it round with the throttle and ended up putting the back wheel over the edge of a rather steep bank, which resulted in the bike lobbing me over the handlebars and down the bank at about 25mph. Landed as best as i could keeping my hands tucked in to my body so as not to damage my wrists, faceplanted a wee bit but aside from a foobarred knuckle,swollen knee and some general grazes im unhurt :)

MX rocks! haha Seriously need to get my Proper Offroad tyres on me thinks!!

As for the bike, she picked up a few war wounds, couple cracked fairings and a chunk out the tank, but hey, whats a MX bike without some battle damage?! :lol:
She also suffered some water ingress, so need to whip the plug out tonight and turn her over a bit to blow that all out, as well as strip and clean the carb. Shouldnt be an issue though, tbh, out of about 15 bikes yesterday only 3 didnt end up upside down having water blown out of them!

May take this opportunity to get the paint out a bit, repaint the frame and plastics, so watch this space for updates!

You got off lucky then mate, glad to hear you're ok :)

Are you going to do a full rub down job and under coat it? Or you just going to scratch the surface off?

Kinda inbetween! the plastics will be done properly, but the frame will be painted with the engine etc still in situ, so will be rubbed down as best i can but wont be able to get everything!

Thinking Satin black with red Frame and white decals could look quite sweet.....

well well well....

I did LOADS of work to the bike, had it running lovely, had some great fun with her on and off road, then quickly got bored of being a target due to the L plates....
So iv booked my DAS test, sold the DT for a VERY healthy profit, and am now buying this on sat:

2011-10-19175003.jpg

Sorry for the shocking pic quality!

She's a 51 plate Suzuki SV650S K1.

650cc V twin, should be "interesting" compared to the DT! :)

Has a few mods and extras, low mileage, 3 owners from new and very well looked after!

Im a :) :) :) Man!

They'll do more than that with the right tweaks..... ;)

haha not even picked the bugger up yet and im already planning on how to make it faster!

Money should have changed hands by 3pm tomorrow, unless we find any serious issues.

watch this space!

Well yeah, I know that but my mate is a "keep it standard" kind of guy and that's what I was basing it on,

A good all round bike they are and something I would look at if I passed my bike test