Charity Rally Advice

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Hey all as you have seen in previous posts i'm undertaking the monumental task of driving 11,000 miles in a Ice cream van on a 03 or younger vehicle what i need to ask all you some vital info

Do any of you lads know of any companies what would consider donating equipment for the journey or funds to cover expenses for the visa's e.t.c. as it is a 100% Charity event and obviously in return for advertising the company(s) on the side of the van?

Any Advice what so ever would be Vital!

If nobody knows what I am on about this is the event I'm doing

http://www.bmycharity.com/4flakesake

ask around mate. look at banks, motor factors both small and bigger ones.

mate done this earlier in the year, he has to keep the van for at least a year after the event and keep all the sponsors on it

Nice to see people are actually replying to a meaningful thread

Not quite sure how you meant this comment mate, but in future don't write things like this. They only come across in a bad way. Give people a chance to reply as we don't live on here!

As for the question...

Email a variety of companies and see what you get. What sort of coverage are the companies going to get from this? What can you offer them?

sometimes it comes across ignored fella thats all when u see people posting on threads older than this one e.t.c.

I've been telling companies for e.g. i can advertise them in return for contributions e.t.c.

sometimes it comes across ignored fella thats all when u see people posting on threads older than this one e.t.c.

I've been telling companies for e.g. i can advertise them in return for contributions e.t.c.

I understand that mate, but not everyone has answers to give. Someone will get to it.

I will be in The Dover Express Thursday and other media groups are interested in coverage

That's the sort of information I was thinking of. In that case get emailing a generic email to as many places as possible. Both local and national.

Well as noble as your cause is; all members here on Torque Cars have the right to reply to whoever and whatever thread they like! It is not for any one person EVER to deem their thread or post to be of such importance that their own interests must come first above anything or any one else!

You may not have meant this! but that is how your post comes across.

Post up the outcome of your meeting with the media groups who are interested in coverage of this event. I may be able to assist you!

Well the Dover Express are Keen to Front page this i will scan a copy tommorow when it is released! and apologies but im very passionate about this cause!

I'm holding a Quiz night to raise funds to help for heroes on the 20th if members are interested!