cars which are easy to tune ? ...

clubba2012

Wrench Pro
Car
ford focus 2l zetec
Hey guys i was curious to know which cars out there are the best to tune and easy to do so at the same time without doing anything too drastic , want to see what you have been upto with your car's for ideas/inspiration ...

I would have posted the link but I was on my PSP. Most older cars are 'easy' to tune because you have lots of parts available and the knowledge from people who have been there and done it is already there. I suppose it depends on what you define as easy.

I'm supercharging my E36 318is. The bolting on of the 'charger will be relatively simple but it's all the work that goes with it that has become the pain in the rear. Some of the older Jap turbos are easy to tune as well. Not forgetting a diesel with a simple remap can yield great power gains.

All comes down to budget and what you want the car for.

I went on my psp today for the first time in years. First thing I did was come on here :p I was going to download ff7 (best game ever) but didn't have enough space on my memory card

I went on my psp today for the first time in years. First thing I did was come on here :p I was going to download ff7 (best game ever) but didn't have enough space on my memory card

:lol: I pretty much just use it to go online with nowadays when I'm away from the PC. It's where I do a fair bit of reading. Other than that I play the odd game and watch a UMD when travelling to United.

I would have posted the link but I was on my PSP. Most older cars are 'easy' to tune because you have lots of parts available and the knowledge from people who have been there and done it is already there. I suppose it depends on what you define as easy.

I'm supercharging my E36 318is. The bolting on of the 'charger will be relatively simple but it's all the work that goes with it that has become the pain in the rear. Some of the older Jap turbos are easy to tune as well. Not forgetting a diesel with a simple remap can yield great power gains.

All comes down to budget and what you want the car for.

Thanks again mate im an apprentice at BMW almost finished, all about the e36 its a great model , think that will be pretty impressive supercharging the engine , id love to do a turbo conversion one day on the focus but obviously money that is an issue atm and also id like to gain a lot more experience through my job and tuning in general before carrying out a task of that skill level , like u said its not just as simple as boltin on the supercharger id need to convert my whole engine pretty much to take into account the higher compression values

90's pug and citroen diesel turbos with a bosch pump apparently are the easiest to tune...A screwdriver and 5 mins so I read. Also early saab9000 turbos, near 300 bhp for a turn with a screwdriver

sorry for the late reply , i have considered gettting a german powerhouse but just going to wait a bit longer so that my insurance goes down a bit more drove 545i yesterday abselutely ridicuilous power u get from that, realistically id like an e46 320i cliubsport or a cooper s john cooper works fairly soon :)

was looking at a starlet glanza v turbo not a bad little pocket rocket found tesco will insure me for 1800 which is pretty good and iv always fancied getting one too !