Car negotiators would you use one

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Buying a car can be pretty stressful.Finding the right model at the right spec is half the battle and then negotiating a deal takes a lot of time and effort.

Would you cosider using a "negotiator" to do the leg work and haggle for you?

How much would you be prepared to pay then? A set hourly rate, fixed fee or amount based on the discount they negotiate.

I have a mate who was buying a new car, he negotiated the best price he could. Then another mate of his offered to renegotiate the deal for 50% of the extra saving. He got another £750 off the price! Not bad going really!

Can't say I have ever thought of using such a person to buy a car. Not for me, I quite like doing it myself and trying to get a good deal. As long as I'm happy with the final figure that's all that counts.

Even when away on business I like to haggle with the stalls and markets and get that rock bottom price when you know you've pushed them too far! Nothing like buying an item that started at $300 and getting it for less than $10 :amuse:

I'd not be bothered about a negotiator but I'd pay for someone who was qualified/knowledgable about a particular model of car to come with me to check it over, especially if it was one I'd not had experience with.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back