can you help?

TypeR-Fusion

Tuner
I have a 2002 Civic Type R and would like to know if there is a way to improve the performance on my car? Everyone says begin with a Induction kit but I have come across some stuff on the internet which say they look good for cosmetic purposes and sound good, but don't give a significant amount of performance. I am getting an awful amount of mixed messages.?????? I would love to know if someone has actually fitted one in and seen a difference in a Type R. Would I be on the right track if i was considering the following.....

-Vtec Contoller
-Fast road profile cams
-Fuel pressure boost valve
-Light flywheel

And is it possible to get your Civic Chipped or supercharged?

Appreciated all the help guys.

Hi Type R Fusion - welcome to the site nice to have you along. The ariel Atom used a civic 2.0 supercharged engine so it is very possible to add one to yours. Induction kits would give you more top end although you will still lose a little low down torque but the mods you've suggested will more than compensate for this. (Always fit a cold air feed pipe otherwise you are wasting your time.)

Not too sure about the lightened flywheel in a daily hack if it is primarily for fast road and track use this is ok though. VTEC Controller is one of the best value mods you can do.

Do you know that the Fuel Pressure boost valve will increase throttle response rather than increase the peak power. I had one fitted to my Rover and it did improve drivability and throttle response to a noticable degree.