C2 Vtr/vts

BazVTR

hi im new ere u have probably had this question b4 but can anyone tell me if it wud be possible for a 17yr old to get insured on either of these. help appreciated thanks.;)

It can be very expensive. My advice is to stick with a boring car for your first year. When you have some no claims bonus you can then get a nicer car and your insurance will then be cheaper with your discount. Insurance goes down a fair bit at 18 then at 21 there is a big drop at 25 and when you hit 30 you can get most things insured for peanuts. Ringing round for quotes is really your first job. I'm sure we have some 17 year olds here who can tell you where they got their insurance from.

my first car is a 1.2 clio and it costs me 1600 with no mods i mean im from manchester and im sure you know the crime rate is big here and that played a big part however i changed my addres to work address on my insurance which is in wiltshire and i only pay 550 with mods so it is worth loooking about avoid using these sites what search for you though regards chris

My 1.4l standard 1998 Civic was 600 quid, with a 1250 excess, on my mothers insurance, and we live just outside Manchester in the suburbs/countryside.

A newish 1.6 petrol like that? Probably horrific money. try Confused.com, Moneysupermarket and stuff.

if your going to use moneysupermarket or confused make your date of birth a day later (a day younger for example my dob is 26/07/84 when using comparison sites i use 27/07/84) reason for this is that each website saves your details as a quote, where there is a % payed to the comparison site so its added to your premium. if that all makes sense

i saved around £150 on my current insurance by taking out a new quote rather than taking out the one through moneysupermarket.com

1st car i insured was 1.4 dr civic at £700 with induction kit and alloys declared took it to just over £1100 with £500 excess. so expect more than that as that was 4 years ago and hondas are generally higher insurance groups than most so would prob be the same as a 1.6

Have you got your license yet? If not, get pass plus. It'll take like £300 off your quote. My first years insurance was £1200, on a 1.0 Corsa. 1 1/2 years later, I've got a 1.6 Civic Coupe (I think it's insurance group 14...stupidly high) and it cost me £1400 for a year! Just try ringing a couple of insurance companies, then you'll know for sure!

My friend has a VTS and on his own name with 2 years no claims, he was still paying over £2,000. Along with the Corsa, they are one of the primary boy racer cars and are therefore prone to an higher average accident rate thus increasing insurance premiums especially for anyone under 25.

The vtr is also black listed by insurance companies but its not half as bad, if you have the money you should be looking at £1,500 on your own name but a couple of hundred quid less if you go on your mums/dads name. It also depends on location, I remember getting quotes for a VTR where it could cost me only £800 in a quiet area but roughly 1,500 for my mate, almost twice as much!

yeah but the c2 was the replacement for the saxos although the insurance groups are a lot different think the VTS C2 is only a group above the old saxo VTR old VTS used to be something stupid like 15

as for postcode this does make a difference like k3 says ma brother in law's mate did the same he lives in glasgow but the car is registered to his mum and dads in dumfries (79 mile away) was going to cost him £3500 (thats him with over 5 year NCB and over 30) for glasgow but only 450 in dumfries

i found e-modified car insurance very reasonable try that please let me know how you get on cheers chris

cheers ppl been a big help and yes ive got pass plus i got quoted 2000 tp on a saxo vtr but i want sumat more new so i thought id try a c2 until im old enough for a toyota starlet gt turbo:p but think the smart idea is like all u said get a pretty boring car at first lol. thanks for the help lads. very appreciated;)

Last edited:
ive got a 1.6 focus 2003 plate unmodded, i only pay £880 im with quinns thats after pass plus. just use websites such as gocompare.com and so on. at 17 look at cars like the focus they arnt seen as much as boy racer cars so insurance would be cheaper and with some modding theyd be just as quick as a saxo.

Same thing happened to me. I was quoted £300 more in Birmingham than Plymouth. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure there is a much greater risk in Birmingham, but i'm not sure £300 is really accurate.
Try budget insurance & tesco compare is quite good.
Good luck

I found Churchil really cheap at insuring my car, I'm 18 and passed the same day i took out my insurance which was 1300 fully comp on a 1.4 renault megane. :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back