Bugs on the windscreen

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How do you go about removing the bugs on your windscreen.

I've tried a few things but it just goes smeary. The only solution seems to be a scrub pad and elbow grease.:confused:

best thing ive found is to stop at the next gas station before they get dry and use the window washing stations most have here. nothing more than a textured sponge with a squeege on the other side attached to a stick but works good for me.

I seem to be going through a phase of geting stones cause cracks in my window fast enough that I get a new window before bugs becomes an issue :(

Tesco does a 99p bug and tar remover spray. It's bright pink and works very well indeed. As do some of the summer formula screenwash concentrates.

I've tried a few things but it just goes smeary. The only solution seems to be a scrub pad and elbow grease.:confused:
prevention is better than cure waynne
so slow down ha ha ha:cheesy:

i use a power washer, but i soak the window with sudzy water 1st

oh and dont use a scrub pad, you'll eventually scratch the window

It is a fairly soft scrub pad. The sort you can use on wine glasses etc...

I might just pop into Tesco's and brave the many examples of good parenting skills to find a bottle of the pink stuff. (I hope it smells nice!)

I get loads of bugs on my visor when its not raining, rain tends to keep them to ground.

but all I do really is when i get to my destination just wet a bit of tissue, wipe, then dry with another tissue.

It is a fairly soft scrub pad. The sort you can use on wine glasses etc...

I might just pop into Tesco's and brave the many examples of good parenting skills to find a bottle of the pink stuff. (I hope it smells nice!)

Good parenting skills. I presume you mean the spoilt little brats who scream blue f....ng murder when they're told cannot have a tin of Buzz Lightyear branded spaghetti shapes. The same kids who have to have 3 changes of clothes just to negotiate the tortuous and dangerous path between 4x4 parked in the parent with child bays and the shop itself. And then require a further 3 changes to negotiate the horrors of the supermarket's aisles.

As for the bug and tar remover, yes it's pretty pink in colour, it might even taste nice. Feed it to the parents of such chlildren as described in the previous paragraph.

But it is pretty good at removing baked on flies and other road hazards (brattish small children etc)

HDi (at his politically incorrect best)

Thats the sort or parenting skills. They are the ones that yell "anastasia" in a common fish wifes voice across the supermarket! Why they give their kids such pretentious names I'll never know :lol: Glad I'm not the only one wound up by this.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back