Brakes

A nice set of vented disks and get some decent pads. Pagid, Tarox, Red Dot seem to make some pretty good stuff.

Were you thinking of going for a larger disk conversion? Or Just uprating what you have?

EBC pads usually take some warming up and I've heard that they are not brilliant on trackdays so I'm not reccommending them at the moment (in fairness though - they are always changing their formulations.).

A nice set of vented disks and get some decent pads. Pagid, Tarox, Red Dot seem to make some pretty good stuff.

Were you thinking of going for a larger disk conversion? Or Just uprating what you have?

EBC pads usually take some warming up and I've heard that they are not brilliant on trackdays so I'm not reccommending them at the moment (in fairness though - they are always changing their formulations.).

Hi Waynne,
Just up rating what i have, so vented solid be ok, no need to go for groved or drilled? Whilst here, what you think of braided stainless steel brake lines.
Thanks and Regards
Murray.

I rate braided hoses - they last longer and do not flex or blow under pressure.

I don't think grooved or drilled make much difference in everyday use. Scuff up the disks every now and then and this will stop the pads glazing up.

I rate braided hoses - they last longer and do not flex or blow under pressure.

I don't think grooved or drilled make much difference in everyday use. Scuff up the disks every now and then and this will stop the pads glazing up.

Thanks again Waynne

Hi Lads,

Wayne spot on mate,

braided hoses are a definate as rubbers create a spongy brake pedal!! if your looking for good performance braking and are on a tight budget look at this,

I am a dealer for them may be of intrest, do much bigger brake kits if you want!!

any prices on these?

I would have to agree with the braided hoses comment, although its not technical it FEELS like the best upgrade I ever did to my brakes. Big grooved discs helps stopping but the new hoses really made it feel like your stopping.

I have EBC yellow stuff with Zimmerman discs on my E36 M3 and find them great for spirited road driving. People say that the yellowstuff is poor when cold but I dont think that is a problem. At the end of the day you should not rag the car until everything is warmed up nicely.

No need to change the discs really as standard BMW discs are very good, just put in a good compound pad and that will make a difference. Upgrading to braided lines will make a difference also and not expensive.

Cheers Mark

I'm weighing up the options for mine....however for some reason BMW decided to put very strange spec brakes on 163bhp 120d.

I'd like to source some 330mm caliper and carriers but no look yet.
They need to be either E87 or E90 types to fit hubs.

Hens teeth are more common.

i think best option is a pair of OEM grade ATE discs and spend the money on decent pads such as Pagid or Ferodo DS.

I know grooved and drilled look nice but I guess thats not needed