Brake upgrade

murphyp

Car
Focus mk2 1.4
Hi guys,

Newbie here, my ride is Focus mk2 1.4. Thinking of upgrade my front brakes, any recommend? Can upgrade to bigger disc and retain org calipers ? Thanks.....:p:p:p

Hi guys,

Newbie here, my ride is Focus mk2 1.4. Thinking of upgrade my front brakes, any recommend? Can upgrade to bigger disc and retain org calipers ? Thanks.....:p:p:p

Mate you shouldn't need bigger disks. And no I think you'll need a new caliper if your going for a bigger disk. Why not just upgrade that pad with some Ebc's and paint the calipers to make them stand out.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for reply !!!

Is EBC red stuff gd for original disc ? Actually i tinking of swap to ST front brake, u tink can fit it in? Thanks;)

Unless your planning an engine conversion I think it would be a waste of your money changing to bigger brakes. Ebc red stuff I believe are track pads you want green stuff for your car buddy...

Don't do redstuff unless you are going on a track. The redstuff pads need to be hot to work effectively so in general road use they will actuall seem quite vague and soft.

Get some vented disks and decent pads from someone like Pagid. You need a high friction pad for the best braking.

Thanks guys for the reply,

Currently using Ferrodo pads, which is quite rare to find in Spore for Focus ride n i have lost contact from the fellow who sold it to me 2yrs ago !!!!!

i have red stuff pads on my focus with grooved and vented disks and they work perfect on the road, alot better than standard pads anyway, also the harder you brake with them the hotter they get so if your driving quickly round local roads or towns and using the brakes alot they r fantastic moterway driving is fine with them but as they are used less they dont have the same feel but you shoudlnt need to brake for corners or for much on the moterway :)

i have red stuff pads on my focus with grooved and vented disks and they work perfect on the road, alot better than standard pads anyway, also the harder you brake with them the hotter they get so if your driving quickly round local roads or towns and using the brakes alot they r fantastic moterway driving is fine with them but as they are used less they dont have the same feel but you shoudlnt need to brake for corners or for much on the moterway :)

No but what about an emergency stop when you've not touched the brakes for the last 30 odd miles???

No but what about an emergency stop when you've not touched the brakes for the last 30 odd miles???

i havent noticed the diffrence between them and my old pads, although i dont do emergancy stops that often :) but for standard braking they r alot better than normal. you do need to let them bed in 4 a long time, i think ebc specifies 1000 miles or more, and if you are using them on older disks then the disks will of had a diffrent shape pad on if only slightly and this coudl cause a diffrence in braking, best to put new disks and pads on 2gether

i havent noticed the diffrence between them and my old pads, although i dont do emergancy stops that often :) but for standard braking they r alot better than normal. you do need to let them bed in 4 a long time, i think ebc specifies 1000 miles or more, and if you are using them on older disks then the disks will of had a diffrent shape pad on if only slightly and this coudl cause a diffrence in braking, best to put new disks and pads on 2gether

But wouldn't green stuff pads work better as they are designed for the road? Red stuff are designed for the track and require alot of heat to work properly. Infact you probably haven't even had them up to temperature yet yourself.. Not in everyday road use anyway...

But wouldn't green stuff pads work better as they are designed for the road? Red stuff are designed for the track and require alot of heat to work properly. Infact you probably haven't even had them up to temperature yet yourself.. Not in everyday road use anyway...

i dont no having never tryed greenstuff so i cant say if they work better, all i no is that red stuff arnt just for tracks in fact on the ebc website it says that they r unsutable for track use and to use yellow stuff for that, redstuff is just designed to be an upgrade of the green stuff, and yes im sure they are amazing at full tempreture but they are 10 times better than standard brakes in normal every day use p.s. they also aprarently have a better liftime than greenstuff and a lower dust rating

i dont no having never tryed greenstuff so i cant say if they work better, all i no is that red stuff arnt just for tracks in fact on the ebc website it says that they r unsutable for track use and to use yellow stuff for that, redstuff is just designed to be an upgrade of the green stuff, and yes im sure they are amazing at full tempreture but they are 10 times better than standard brakes in normal every day use p.s. they also aprarently have a better liftime than greenstuff and a lower dust rating

Fair enough I alway thought red stuff was track only pads...

yep, and i certainly wouldnt recomend them for use on a 1.4 focus unless it has some serious power upgrades and i think its front disk only, so bit pointless realy :)

Thats what I thought. In a 1.4 you'd stop quicker than you could accelerate....lol You'd have a faster 100-0 time than your 0-60 lmao :lol:

Thanks guys for pointing out pro and con of Red stuff, tink is always best to have a better pads if u really need to stop immediately rite ? For the traffic flow in spore is always jam and conjested , so is good to have pads with more bites and i do like some tailgating once awhile..................

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back