Brain fade

Dr Acula

Tuner
Car
Daihatsu YRV Turbo.
OK, I know it should be simple, but................................................... my brain appears to shut down at the critical moment.!!
How do you work out the cc of an engine ??? Thought you multiplied bore size by stroke, but when I do it doesnt end up right. :blink:
So if bore is 84mm and stroke is 65.5mm, what cc should it end up (I know the answer, just cant work out how to get there !!!) ??
See, brain fade. :p
What step am I forgetting to do ??

ps, for a 4 pot.

Last edited:
Convert to cm first

Then volume of cylinder is;

cylind1.gif

=1452 cc :)

Last edited:
Sorry.

Convert your dimensions to cm (multiply by 10)

8.44 cm diameter of bore 6.55 cm stoke/height

Cylinder volume (V) = Pi (3.142) multiplied by the radius (r) squared (4.2 cm multiplied by 4.2 cm) multiplied by the cylinder height (h) 6.55cm

=363 cc

Then multiply that answer by 4 for your number of cylinders.

= 1452 cc:D

Last edited:
That's a new one on me. Just have to rembember 7482, no 7824, I mean 8754........

In Mathematics there is always more than one way to do stuff. Thanks for the cm tip loz, I forgot that one.

In Mathematics there is always more than one way to do stuff. Thanks for the cm tip loz, I forgot that one.

Tell me about it! Maths at Uni is made more confusing as everyone has their own way of arriving at an answer, so if your stuck & you ask the wrong mate for some help you can end up worse off! :lol::embarrest:

Ta.
Just used it to work out if fitting a 1600 crank into a 1500 would increase overall size much. Takes the 1585 up to 1677 if bored to same size as 1500 block, ( bigger bore/shorter crank throw)