best sports car for UK roads

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
So which sports/high performance car do you think copes best with the UK's awful B roads? Is the Subaru Impreza king with it's WRC credentials or does the Focus RS have the edge maybe?

What do you think, what car would you chose?

If we are talking small and affordable with lots of fun available, then I would opt for the Focus RS. Anything bigger or fancier would just suffer from wheel and suspension death from the potholes/craters on our roads. ;)

New Focus RS isn't small T9! Pretty hefty and over 1400kgs!

They do ride nice though and are very comfortable (only been a passenger, not driven yet) and the front wheels cope with the power extremelty well. On the other hand my Mk1 can be a bit lairy on crap roads and dodgy cambers, which I like personally but it's not an easy car to drive by any standards.

As much as they bore me to tears I think it has to be the latest 911's. Incredibly easy drive for a sports car, I was so surprised when I drove a Carrera 2. To me it drove like a normal hatchback in many ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair point that Waynne, with cars like the BMW X series I suppose you get good comfort & ride while still being able to have fun in the bendy bits.

Range Rover Sport that's been Overfinch'ed! Anything else will get damaged in no time. It doesn't take long for a driving experience to be ruined by one stretch of road. As for the best sports car, no idea tbh as I have not driven many. Classic sports car might be the better option, a bit more forgiving on our roads.

Impreza for me.

But on the 'B' roads with the Tein suspension its a bit of a handful, you actually need to back off or your liable to end up in a field.