Best Alloy wheel cleaning products

Re: Alloy wheel cleaner

So really what you are saying is that paint renovator is an aggressive polish, then a normal polish will take care of whirls in the paint then wax to protect,

But really I guess if you use a paint renovator then you don't need polish?

Actually yes you normally do. You need to refine the finish with a milder polish. Use something like G3 or AG Paint Renovator on a car and it will come up nice and shiny but the paint will still feel quite rough to touch. Go over it again with a milder cutting polish and it will become a lot smoother and even shinier still. There's no need to use a "Paint Renovator" unless the damage is quite severe though.

go for it MA save me doing it. wished i had taken before and after pics when i did my parents car as it showed a big difference in getting rid of the swiral marks. could still take some of my lil sis car as its badly oxidised to the point when the purple is more a sky blue in colour

paint renovator as said is a more aggressive cutting polished. depending on the paint type it might be needed to get rid of swiral marks on some paint where as a mild polish might work on softer paints such as hondas

so different cars have different types of paint then ? whats the difference btween a hard paint and a soft paint.
this sounds like a minefield lol.

go for it MA save me doing it. wished i had taken before and after pics when i did my parents car as it showed a big difference in getting rid of the swiral marks. could still take some of my lil sis car as its badly oxidised to the point when the purple is more a sky blue in colour

paint renovator as said is a more aggressive cutting polished. depending on the paint type it might be needed to get rid of swiral marks on some paint where as a mild polish might work on softer paints such as hondas

Please do. Those pictures are plundered from google image so if you could get some of our own to include in the guide instead. Wish I'd have taken proper pictures of the Corsa too, but it's all time isn't it.

Soft and hard paints...I'll try and include something on that too.

Actually, that said you're right.

there are actually a couple of places where there is rust growing, and both places have been an insurance repair job (niether of which were my fault, i just thought I would through that in there ;) ) but everywhere else that has 12 year old paint is mint....

Wonder wheels is still pretty corrosive stuff, and not the sort of thing you want to get on your hands.

Halfords and your local parts store sell wonder wheels and it does do a good job, it comes with a brush and a spray on applicator.

IMO,WONDER WHEELS is not very good at all.If you leave it to dwell too long it will lift the lacquer on your alloys.As has been said,BILBEERY is the best stuff to use.

Once your wheels are clean,give them a coat of JETSEAL 109.This will reduce the effects of the brake dust on your wheels,and make them easier to clean.

I'll keep that in mind,

no this is something that as bugged me,

you have polish, wax and paint renovator, even reading the description on the bottle I can never tell the real differences and what order to apply, I know the paint renovator goes on first if it needs it but most people have a polish and no wax,
I'm totally confused :S

Fear not sir.

When a car has been polished,it should also be given 1 coat of a good carnauba wax.A decent polishing/waxing will last up to 6 months.Do not polish over wax as you will be wasting your time and money.If the finish is "dull",clay the car,then polish,seal and wax in that order.

I could get you confused by saying that different waxes will give different appearances on the paint.Some will give a nice shine,some will give depth and others will make the car look like it's still wet.

Detailing is a mine field.lol.

I find some of the ability to remove dust down to the finish of the alloy wheels themselves. My Range Rover Sport had 19" wheels stock, and brake dust used to cling to them like **** to a shovelful.

The 20" wheels I replaced them with it just falls off - I haven't changed brand of pads. Used Genuine Land Rover pads throughout.