Automatic Camera traffic enforcement

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on this story, where a local council to me have purchased a CCTV car to catch motorists committing various offences.

They think it will bring in £40,000 in revenue over the next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-17825722

Is it a civil rights issue or do law breaking motorists deserve everything they get for their offences?

Just another case of big brother watching over us,you cant do anything without a camera watching you,i know it helps with crime etc but it still bugs me!.

It says it plainly, its all about raising cash
I think the motorist pays enough into the gov fund,road tax,rising fuel costs etc,i know we can avoid some costs by being more aware etc i.e cameras etc,but sometimes you just dont notice them!!!!:cheesy:

If you don't notice a big yellow box then I think you should maybe visit specsavers. :blink:

I think the motorist pays enough into the gov fund,road tax,rising fuel costs etc,i know we can avoid some costs by being more aware etc i.e cameras etc,but sometimes you just dont notice them!!!!:cheesy:

The cars are mostly smart cars and have an obvious camera on the roof and a large poster on the side so honestly it serves you right if you miss it .

Or.........How about following the car with your own camera cos its bound to do sometyhing wrong sooner or later

Think we've got one of those in our area, seems a bit harsh, but breaking the law is breaking the law I guess

Or.........How about following the car with your own camera cos its bound to do sometyhing wrong sooner or later

Pretty sure I have seen an example of just such an infringement in the papers once! A camera car at work in a local council parked on zigzags and some quick witted member of the public took a photo! They came up with some kind of nonsense as to why that was ok for them :rolleyes:

but it isnt becuase they are not exempt from the law regardless of what they might say

I got off a parking fine with london borough of bromley because the driver stopped on a double yellow line on a corner to give me the ticket

Little smart car with a telescopic camera sits at the end of our road on double yellows so it can see a particular junction- might take a pic of them sat there and post it on a traffic watch forum or similar