Aston Martin to release an IQ varient

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
It would appear that Aston Martin are about to release thier first non performance car.

It will be based on the Toyota IQ and will no doubt have Aston Martin levels of trim.

Some how I just can't see Mr Bond driving one, even if it was fitted with missiles, smoke screen and stealth paint!

Do you think this is a good idea or just slavish complience with a stupid piece of legislation?

It'll probably be something to do with across the range emissions data. As if Aston MArtin is a great contributor to the controversial CO2 problem anyway?

They ony sell a few hundred cars a year so what's the issue?

thought they had already released this. it was going to cost £20k but the catch was you had to buy another car from there slihtly more expensive

It'll probably be something to do with across the range emissions data. As if Aston MArtin is a great contributor to the controversial CO2 problem anyway?

They ony sell a few hundred cars a year so what's the issue?

I can't see it being made for emissions as it's on Aston owners that can go and buy one.

I can't see it being made for emissions as it's on Aston owners that can go and buy one.

That's the whole point. For every 6 litre car that chucks out 500g/km CO2 there will be another one sold that only chucks out 90g/km or whatever it is that the Europlonkers tell us.

Of course, the lower emission car will cover thousands more miles each year than the proper Aston so it will make sod all difference to the overall CO2 levels anyway. And the baby car still has to be built. In a factory. Factories emit CO2 anyway.

And I still think that the global warming/climate change racket is a handy mechanism to part the motorist from his money.