Torque Cars

Anyone had experience with a QS in a 206?

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by snow, 7 April 2011.

1. snow

snow New member

Adelaide
    Car:
    peugeot 206
    Is a quick shift worth it in a 206? I've read a lot basically saying, it won't do a lot, just make the car 'feel' a bit more sporty.

Is the only difference, you don't have to push the gear stick as far to get it into each gear, therefore shortening the time it takes?

How much would you be looking at to get a QS and have someone to install it?

Thanks guys.

2. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    Price is dependant on what you buy and who installs it.

I'm planning a quick shift for my E36, however I can convert the shifter from a Z3M to work for about £50.

The basic upshot is that you can select the next gear faster. Always a good thing imo. I would say do it and learn from experience.

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    It does help with faster gear changes and is a relatively cheap mod. I think you'll find a quick shift for the 206 will actually fit most 206 models.

The older 205 quick shift kits may also be suitable but you'd need to verify this.