Any point????

djmca2008

Tuner
Car
Civic Aerodeck D16
Hi all, im new to the site so be gentle! Ive got a 98 Civic Aerodeck with the D16B2 series engine. Its mostly a runabout for my wife but im wanting to improve the performance. I bought an induction kit, but i keep reading that a panel filter would be better? Ive fitted iridium plugs and performance leads and had looked at a power boost valve but dont know if it will make any difference to this engine. Any one any views? Theyd be much appreciated

hey and welcome

theres not much gain from what youve done.
panel filters are better if you use more of the rev range whereas induction kits move the power further up the range. i had the 1.4 d series engine in my civic along with a induction kit. when i sold it i reverted it back to the standard airbox. Basically there was no difference.
the power/fuel boost valves increase throttle response more than gain power

x2,keeping Panel filter will be the best.Dont waste ya brass.Put it towards a nice stainless steel exhaust and good manifold.Get her breathing better

Thanks guys, im finding it hard to get parts for it though with it being the Aerodeck. Saw those adverts with the resistors that plug into the airflow meter, do these actually work or is it a con?

yup they work - but they wreak the engine due to overfueling, the resistor makes the voltage across the line less so the ECU thinks the air colder thanit really is,
so i wouldnt bother.

Been trying to look up some info on your engine mate,Ive found it hard or it might be me..Is it the one with the plastic looking intake,soch non v-tec.85bhp or 115bhp?,could be wrong.

Last edited:
Yeh been looking more mate for some reason that engine code comes up at being in the mb4 civic 1.4i and the 1.6 aerodeck as d16y5 mc1?

Yeah, ive found it hard to track parts myself and as you said that engine isnt really listed for the aerodeck. Been lookin and have spotted a few stainlesss manifolds but cant find a cat back system for it.

Ha beat mi to it.Gunna mention longlife theirs a few depos about.Depending were ya live of coarse.Mines longlife good job too.To get it working better too get a high flo cat as stated before.

Cheers guys, i had found a full system for about £190 but the company doesnt list it anymore for some reason! Think the custom built system would be better anyhow as have a young kid and another on the way so dont want a really noisy system. Will have a look for a cat, the sports cat would be less hassle but i can get the replacement pipe and change it back @ mot time when i need to.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back