Another noob here

Mongoose

Wrench Pro
Car
astra mk3 1.4
Hi all, just making my first post.

To introduce myself (if anyone is interested), I'm a student living in England. I started go-karting when I was 8 years old but unfortunately I stopped after only a year or so. Now I regret giving up go-karting immensely because I started young enough to be good at it, but never really got into it enough.
I love engineering and racing (mainly rallying, touring cars and F1). I do a lot of virtual racing on rFactor.

I drive a 1998 vauxhall astra, which is my first car and it used to be owned by a boy-racer so it has nice rims and speakers, and a few parts like the gear stick and pedals changed. I've been driving for almost a year and haven't crashed yet!

I haven't done any modification myself yet, but it's something I really would like to start in the near future, along with racing more.

looking forward to meet fellow petrol heads.

- Mongoose.

astrasmall.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mongoose. Looks like you found a bug! I couldn't approve your post for some reason. I'll get Waynne to look into that though. I got there in the end.

Welcome to the site.

Hi there and welcome to TorqueCars nice to have you along. I like your rims. I hope you enjoy your time on here. Post loads and let us get to know you. Where in England are you from?

(admin - Mongoose had less than 10 posts so his thread was put in the moderation queue. I think it was edited and the picture added which seems to stop the inline post approval from working but the control panel you have still works!)

Whoooooooooo Hoooooooooooo another addictee lol

welcome to TC :)

whats your plans for the astra?

thank you for the welcome.
as for the astra, it's my everday road car so I can't do any major performance modifications without the insurance costs going up, as i'm still a "new driver"
But when a new car comes up in a few months (hopefully), I can use the astra as a toy, and make some race modifications (brakes, tyes, stripped weight etc) and use it for the track. but that's quite ambitious.

Hi there and welcome to TorqueCars nice to have you along. I like your rims. I hope you enjoy your time on here. Post loads and let us get to know you. Where in England are you from?

(admin - Mongoose had less than 10 posts so his thread was put in the moderation queue. I think it was edited and the picture added which seems to stop the inline post approval from working but the control panel you have still works!)
Hiya, thanks for the welcome.. i will post loads and guarantee to annoy some people.. maybe.
I live in oxford in england btw, what about you?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back