Another 2 nails in my tires

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I just found another 2 nails embedded in my tires. The pressure was dropping in each so I inspected them closely and found another 2 nails! I would strongly recommend that you all check your tire pressures and if you see a drop suspect a nail.

Tell me about it! I just got back from the tyre doctor! :lol: He pulled 3 nails out of 1 tire only 1 of which had actually punctured the wheel and the other one I spotted was a stubby piece of metal about 1cm long so this didn't puncture the wheel. So 1 repair and £10 cost incurred (plus time plus petrol etc...) Things might just be looking up.

never had a puncture, touch wood! i can only imagine it is a pain to have one

never had a puncture, touch wood! i can only imagine it is a pain to have one

I had one in the Civic, drove off from my home and the car was leaning to the back left, making a horrific noise as I drove. Turned it round and limped home (about 200 yards by the time I stopped lol)

Lucky I wasnt away from home as my spare was flat.

Sometimes you get a flat - usually it is only at the bottom of the tyre. :lol: Often if you leave the nail in you can limp to the tire fitters and let them sort it. As soon as you remove the nail the tire goes down and if you leave it you risk damaging the sidewall of the tyre.

If a puncture is in the middle third of the tread it can be repaired, anywhere else and you have to get a new tire! :( Imagine my horror when I got a puncture in a NEW EAGLE F1 (£90 a go) before I Even got it home!

[bad puns]Getting a puncture is positively depressing. Inflation means it costs more and more to fix. Its not weely funny though.[/bad puns]

lol a puncture on a new tire before you got in home, i think i would have punched myself in the head

Thats nothing - I had a windscreen fixed and before I got the car home I'd got another stone chip from a speeding idiot coming in the opposite direction.