Anger Management

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
10 minutes ago from this post i was extremely angry, and ill tell you why.

i was bored about half an hour ago from this post and i decided to find the part number of a burnt out led behind my instrument panel, the one that lights it up.

i took off all of the trim and my dials just popped out, then when looking at them a=on closer inspection a just caught a glimpse of one led looking odd...

...i took it out and the wire had been removed = does not work, i thought that this could be an accident but there were no remnants of plastic or anything thus someone actually had the tenacity to remove the ENGINE WARNING LIGHT BULB. DIVVIE.

curious i switched the handbrake warning light into the engine warning light's socket and when the engine is running...hey presto! its lit up.

so then, dilemma. do i hurl abuse at the garage who sold me the car, or could it be a previous owner? in the morning i have arranged a computer diagnostics test to see if (and i hope very dearly) its a knackered sensor.

i dont know what to do, if its something more serious than a sensor, i cant imagine the damage whith the amount of milage i have done.

i could really do with some advice and anything at all is always appreciated.

thanks

If you have done alot of mile in the car without any symptoms of a fault, I'd say you have a bad sensor somewhere. But if the car was like this when you bought it i.e. Engine Management Light disabled, ten I would insist that they put it right at their expense. What kind of garage did you but it from? Was it a dealer or just a second hand car lot?

small car lot, im wondering whether he would have known or whether the car was owned by a muppet previously. but surely this should have been picked up in an MOT?

once i have had it sorted ill take all invoices and confront him. its a shame because he was an alright bloke and did alot to help me. so i feel bad about grinding him to the ground, or was it a ploy? guilty conscience? the plot thickens.... :(

Don't have it fixed untill you have spoken to the sales person who sold you the car! Speak to him first, tell him exactly whaty you found and find out what he is going to do about it. Is he going to help you or not? If he is going to help you with the problem, let him arrange any repairs and ask for a courtesy car while any repairs are being carried out. It may be worth going to your local dealer and getting the fault code before you go though, just don't let on that you know why the light is on. This will also help you figure out if he is going to help or fob you off, you will know if he is blagging it or not.

Its a bit late now but when you first turn on the ignition ALL of the warning lights should come on to indicate if there is a bulb problem.

Dealers are subject to the sale of goods act and if he has sold you a car that is not of merchantable quality then he is required by law to sort it out. I think you have to assume that he did not know about it - going in all guns blazing is likely to get his back up.

its always the small things that catch you out. checked verything else...

i have a mate who runs a diagnostics centre so he will tell me whats wrong.