Alloy wheel cleaner

Wonder wheels is still pretty corrosive stuff, and not the sort of thing you want to get on your hands.

Halfords and your local parts store sell wonder wheels and it does do a good job, it comes with a brush and a spray on applicator.

IMO,WONDER WHEELS is not very good at all.If you leave it to dwell too long it will lift the lacquer on your alloys.As has been said,BILBEERY is the best stuff to use.

Once your wheels are clean,give them a coat of JETSEAL 109.This will reduce the effects of the brake dust on your wheels,and make them easier to clean.

I'll keep that in mind,

no this is something that as bugged me,

you have polish, wax and paint renovator, even reading the description on the bottle I can never tell the real differences and what order to apply, I know the paint renovator goes on first if it needs it but most people have a polish and no wax,
I'm totally confused :S

Fear not sir.

When a car has been polished,it should also be given 1 coat of a good carnauba wax.A decent polishing/waxing will last up to 6 months.Do not polish over wax as you will be wasting your time and money.If the finish is "dull",clay the car,then polish,seal and wax in that order.

I could get you confused by saying that different waxes will give different appearances on the paint.Some will give a nice shine,some will give depth and others will make the car look like it's still wet.

Detailing is a mine field.lol.

Last edited:
I find some of the ability to remove dust down to the finish of the alloy wheels themselves. My Range Rover Sport had 19" wheels stock, and brake dust used to cling to them like **** to a shovelful.

The 20" wheels I replaced them with it just falls off - I haven't changed brand of pads. Used Genuine Land Rover pads throughout.