All german cars are RWD and other stupid claims

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I've heard some really stupid things lately.

One guy insisted that all german cars are RWD!
All 2.0 diesel engines are the same they just have different maps.
My car is worth £1000 more than it is really worth!
My car does 0-60 in 3 seconds and does 86.954 mpg! (actually anyone who quotes MPG to 3 decimal places should be shot!)

What do you need a car like that for, you can only do 70mph legally on the roads!
Going faster covers more distance in less time so doesn't use more fuel!

What daft things have you heard that makes your blood boil?

The daftest one to me was when the great late Peter Brock was under the influence of a Dr ?? Dowker who convinced him that a box of crystals that was stuck to the bulkhead with no connection to anything would improve the performance of a car.
Brocky called it a Polariser and insisted that they were fitted to every one of his modded cars his company sold and this led to a falling out with General Motors/Holden

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?2926-Peter-Brock-s-quot-Energy-Polarizer-quot

Last edited:
So much stupidity out there. You need nothing more than Google to find it:-

'Synthetic oils are all thin and are designed to make your engine wear out and leak oil';

'Small cars are safer than big ones cos when you have to brake suddenly' you have a shorter bonnet so therefore will not hit the car in front cos there's less length

'Dimmer lights are better because they impact less upon your night vision'

'SHOCK HORROR Young drivers are involved in FIVE PERCENT OF ALL ACCIDENTS'. My translation - NINETY FIVE PERCENT of YOUNG DRIVERS AREN'T INVOLVED

Dont we just love media and silly folks??

Need I continue...........................???????????????

'SHOCK HORROR Young drivers are involved in FIVE PERCENT OF ALL ACCIDENTS'. My translation - NINETY FIVE PERCENT of YOUNG DRIVERS AREN'T INVOLVED

Have to take issue with this one, Paul :)

Young drivers involved in 5% of all accidents. It doesn't say 5% of young drivers are involved in accidents :)

Have to take issue with this one, Paul :)

Young drivers involved in 5% of all accidents. It doesn't say 5% of young drivers are involved in accidents :)

I'm not sure about the accuracy of that one either - wish I could find the original source to verify what I THINK I read anyway.

Not so much hdi's post but more to do with cars performance

One of my pet hates
Simply copy and pasting on the basis that

I found it on the internet so it must be true

^^ Indeed! I have seen many examples of that right here on this forum but to be honest with you, I was guilty of similar in the old days before I discovered this site :embarrest: