Aircleaner problem. Help please.

Spirrow

Hi ppl, I am new, and would like to get some info, I have changed my stock aircleaner with a racing or cone aircleaner, but it seems like I don't have any power now. I have fiddled with the air intake screw but still the same. The performance is down in the dumps. Please help :(

Hi spirro welcome to the site. What car do you have and what engine? What make of air filter is it?

I'm guessing its a low cc engine and the loss of power is typical when you fit an induction kit. A panel air filter would probably be best for your car.

It may also be down to the exhaust - more air in means more air needs to get out so if the engine size is larger it might just be an exhaust issue. :wink:

It is a Nissan 1400 LDV, I am trying to sup it up a bit but I am on a tight budget, I can't remember the name of the airfilter, but when I had it on the first time, I used the adapter straight from the carburator, but now I have made a hose, and since then it had the problem. If I get 120KM/H out of the car I am lucky! Is there anything else that can be done? I can get a 32 weber, but I dont know if it will fit as it came from a VW Golf MK1. Will that make any difference?? :(

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back