aerodeck 1.8 vti fuel consumption??

kern

Wrench Pro
Car
Aerodeck 1.8vti
hi all,

just a quick question on the civic aerodeck 1.8vti fuel consumption, what do you guys get from £10 of petrol? i'm getting about 55-60 miles around town, is that about right?

cheers

hi all,

just a quick question on the civic aerodeck 1.8vti fuel consumption, what do you guys get from £10 of petrol? i'm getting about 55-60 miles around town, is that about right?

cheers

Considering the price of fuel at the min that sounds about right.

cheers guys, sorry a but another question about petrol.... does using higher octane petrol make any difference in performance on the vtec engine as it does for turbo cars?

I thought these were about 36mpg. It depends on how heavy your right foot is.

hi all,

cheers

I think the first question we should have asked is how much was the fuel per litre?

I tend to use super unleaded.The car always feels better running on it.If i us unleaded the car does feel a bit sluggish.As for how many miles i do to gallon wouldnt have a clue.Bit of a heavy foot and just love the v-tec so my car supps abit.

at 99.9 pence / litre your getting just over 10 litres and out of 10 litres your getting 55-60 miles.
So thats around 27 mpg which isnt great.
perhaps you love v-tec grunt . if you do then 27 mpg with vtec thrills aint too bad.:toung:

My Other half's Civic vTi averages about 31-32, which is mainly town driving & short journeys.
When i used it as a daily driver, average was about 35mpg.