Advice on tuning b16a2 engine

revans117

Tuner
Car
civic 1.6 vtec vti
Hi There I am new to the site and i am in need of some help I have a EG9 1.6 vtec vti and want to tune the engine but dont no where to start does anyone have any ideas help would be great

Thanks Evans

Re: Advide on tuning b16a2 engine

Thanks mate

I was thinkin about a turbo but it will be a bit mad cause I got the vtec kickin in a 4000 RPM But I was lookin at a super charger but there is so many types I dont no what one to go for

Alright mate..welcome to TorqueCars!

How about a supercharger or a turbo?

a bit of inginuity my friend, make a bracket, a bit of pipe work, there you go
10062007009.jpg

leftoutlet.jpg

a bit of inginuity my friend, make a bracket, a bit of pipe work, there you go

well I have taken out my air con so i could try and fit it where the aircon pub was and then just get a longer belt to run it. I will have to see about doin that thanks for the idea m8

that's what i did. if you take the aircon pump off the belt should be long enough.

that's what i did. if you take the aircon pump off the belt should be long enough.

thanks for the idea m8. so is all i need is to run a belt to it or what and I will just hace to get some measurements of one to see if it will fit in the space

For best results get a remap for the car, depending on how much boost you are running will depend if the fuelling is up to the job. How much boost do you run with glaymore? Did you have any fuelling issues?

For best results get a remap for the car, depending on how much boost you are running will depend if the fuelling is up to the job. How much boost do you run with glaymore? Did you have any fuelling issues?

well at the moment I have a spoon ecu. stage 2 clutch, lightened flywheel, vtec controler with the vtec kickin it a 4000 Rpm, cold forced air feed with induction kit, uprated manifold, full exhaust system with no cat and a short shifter. I havent got any fueling problems yet

Exhaust headers can make a reasonable difference on these engine so it would be worth looking into that. I think Mugen is the one to go with but I'm sure there are other around favoured by many. Are you getting the head gas flowed and or blueprinting the engine - whilst its out of the car it is a good opportunity to get everything as perfect as you can.

Exhaust headers can make a reasonable difference on these engine so it would be worth looking into that. I think Mugen is the one to go with but I'm sure there are other around favoured by many. Are you getting the head gas flowed and or blueprinting the engine - whilst its out of the car it is a good opportunity to get everything as perfect as you can.

well i got a exhaust header on the way. im gonna go through the whole motor from top to bottom and change all the bit i can and get the gear box powder coated and the engine powder coated blue so it should look nice once it is done.