Advice Needed - Part 2

Nerox

Car
Chrysler Neon R/T
This time ..... Lowering springs.

Am found springs that can give me a 35-40mm front / rear drop but am not really sure which brands to trust and which to avoid and if there is much difference between a 35 and 40mm drop (some offer different front and rear drop?)
Please could anyone help me with advice on the following:

G-Max (40/40)
APEX (35/35)
Cobra (40/40)
FK (35/40)
H&R (35/35)
Pi (35/35)
SPAX (35/35)
Weitec (30/35)

Thanks!

This time ..... Lowering springs.

Am found springs that can give me a 35-40mm front / rear drop but am not really sure which brands to trust and which to avoid and if there is much difference between a 35 and 40mm drop (some offer different front and rear drop?)
Please could anyone help me with advice on the following:

G-Max (40/40)
APEX (35/35)
Cobra (40/40)
FK (35/40)
H&R (35/35)
Pi (35/35)
SPAX (35/35)
Weitec (30/35)

Thanks!

Apex,Spax,PI are good names. I have spax springs on my 620 and it makes for quite a bumpy ride. But they are very good at doing their job.
Also Koni are a very good name when it comes to suspension and so are Bilstein....

A 35 front an 40 rear will give your car an aggresive stance thats all there is no major difference. Alternatively i've known people drop the back end slightly more than the front......

Have been recommended SPAX and although they are not the cheapest out of the 3 you recommended i think they will be the ones i get.
Also they do them at halfords and i got some vouchers to use for there so its all thumbs up ... AND halfords are cheaper than anywhere else for the SPAX springs for my car :eek::eek::eek:

Remember if you choose springs only give your shocks a good look over and check they are up to the job. If your shocks are worn it will bottom out the suspension.....

well, i would have them professionally installed, have a very vague idea on how to do it but dont trust myself really, would rather pay.
the car has very low mileage and is well looked after with frequent services so i am sure they will be fine

A 35 front an 40 rear will give your car an aggresive stance thats all there is no major difference. Alternatively i've known people drop the back end slightly more than the front......

A 35 front and a 40 rear IS the back end dropped more than the front :)

Will a 35/40mm drop work alright with standard shocks etc? I would expect that is borderline drop for requiring a coilover adjustable kit?

In the past when I have modifed suspension for tarmac use I have had to modify the strut inserts to suit, machine them down and recut the top threads down to rid the excessive travel and longer redundant length.

Will a 35/40mm drop work alright with standard shocks etc? I would expect that is borderline drop for requiring a coilover adjustable kit?

In the past when I have modifed suspension for tarmac use I have had to modify the strut inserts to suit, machine them down and recut the top threads down to rid the excessive travel and longer redundant length.

No as long as the struts are in good condition it should be fine.. I've done this sort of drop on loads of cars with standard struts and the only problem I have had is when the strut has passed it's sell by date so I just get another standard 1 in better condition..... It should be fine...:D

I'd expect them to wear quicker then as you are compressing the unit further down its stroke therefore making it work harder near its bottom limit and under higher compression.

That sounds more like a budget compromise!

If I were dropping in excess of 35mm I would go for a complete coilover kit which has the scope for a reasonable height adjustment without compromising the ride quality or durability. Buy hey, we have all done this to some extent and learn from it.

Mate it is the budget option lol. But think about it. If you stacked your boot full of heavy stuff you could make you rear sit down more than 40mm.. There should be alot more than 40mm travel in the standard strut. It's only when you go silly low that it will cause problems....:D:D

Putting heavy items in the boot is not the issue as it has this range to cater for all situations, but you are talking about the changes being there 24/7 therefore it was not designed for it and it will wear prematurely.

Putting heavy items in the boot is not the issue as it has this range to cater for all situations, but you are talking about the changes being there 24/7 therefore it was not designed for it and it will wear prematurely.

Your cool you are mate. I love it when there is another opinion an it gets into a Friendly arguement.. Keep up the good work..:D:D

Nothing lost by trying it, just keep an eye on the amount of wear, but it will take some time before you see anything that may be obvious.

nice one, thank you all!

will probably be buying the spax 35/35 spring in the new year and having them fitted by the end of jan,

will post back with some pics and initial thoughts :)