Advice needed, looking for a 2009 or 2010 A4 or Exeo

TheAudikid

Car
2007 A4tdi 115bhp
Hi all,
My Son drives 2002 Golf 130tdi, it has served him very well but is now planning a change. We have been looking around at A4's and Exeo's, we have heard some worrying stories about oil pump problems, cracked heads, dodgy injectors and the like. I have been driving VW/Audi for many years and got superb service out of them, and now my Son is following on in with the same interest.
We would greatly appreciate any guidance you can offer, ideally he would drive a 140 or maybe the 170bhp top spec model. From looking at your site the 140 and remap may be the way to go??

Cheers,
TheAudikid

Definitely a 140 BKD Bosch ECU model with a remap IMO - JR tuning did a performance map for me which is incredible!

Check the history for regular oil changes and the fuel pumps should not be a problem. Aim for a later PD model. The newer CR engines pretty good but avoid the first few years of these so go for a 2011 onwards CR engine to be safe.

The internal passenger space on the A3 Cabin is exactly the same as the A4 so only go for the A4 if you need a larger boot.

Hello it's great to meet you. You'll love the forums and site, I spend loads of time on here and it gets quite addictive.

Hi all, looked at a 2009, 170bhp Leon, while it looked very well outside, we thought it wasn't finished to a very high standard inside, as it was not an option he didn't check engine numbers!
We are now looking for a 140 as you suggested, but work commitments are restricting us, so we might have to abandon until new year....

Fair enough, keep us posted though. Please also stick around and join in our many discussions and debates - the more the merrier.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back