A very small car member

Coast Steve

Car
turbo diesel Smart
Hey gang,

I just ran across your forum on the web while searching for tips on making an exhaust system for my Smart car.

It's a 800cc turbo diesel, the engine is getting decent power with my other mods, remap, TDC powerbox, cold air intake with bellmouth, but I'm trying to choose the best diameter exhaust pipe for a system.

Stock is 1.5" diameter on the pipe, I am looking for the most power, and if no power gains are to be had, at least none are to be robbed,
Any ideas on this for me?

Thanks,

Steve
;)

Last edited:
welcome to the site mate:bigsmile:

im sure loz will be along at some point to help you out with your smart;)

Hello & Welcome Steve :bigsmile:,

I had a Smart Sport Blindschleiche Stealth exhaust on my old Smart. It was made to suit the larger Roadster turbo and had a sports cat. It was a defintate improvement on the old one.
Phone up Smart sport & have a chat with them, they can build an exhaust to your requirements if they don't already produce one that's suits you.

http://www.smartsport.co.uk/index.htm

My original standard exhaust was stainless steel so if you do change the system clean up the old one & sell it on! :bigsmile:

I'm not to sure about running a TDC powerbox & a remap though, that sounds a bit belt & braces to me. :blink:

Last edited:
Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

Tell us what are your long term plans for your Smart car (power wise)?

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!)

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

My Smart is pretty much good for now with the exception of the new muffler system.
anything else will be too expensive I think
I see I can't post pics oh well, I wanted you guys to see what I've done.

I think I'm going 1 3/4" to 2" on the pipes and I will see what happens.
Still have not spoken to a real tunner that would know the pros and cons of turbo diesel exhaust sizes though.

Steve

Hello and welcome.

I'd advise very much against a power box even on its own. They're not great for the emission controls systems. In conjunction with a remapped ECU it's a definite no no.

It's pointless anyway. No-one would fit a sports exhaust and then fit another one behind it, would they? This is metaphorically what you're doing here.

I'd get rid of the power box and get the ECU remapped once all the other parts are in place.

Rgds,

P.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back