Torque Cars

93 2.2 tid sportsedan

Discussion in 'SAAB Forums' started by 93SPORTSEDAN, 12 November 2013.

1. 93SPORTSEDAN

93SPORTSEDAN Full member

Belgium, Wilrijk
    Car:
    saab 93 2.2tid
    hi guys, so i have this '03 saab 9-3 2.2tid Sport Sedan with 125hp..
    I want to tune it up a bit or change the engine... but i dont know what engines i can fit in it or what kind of tune i could do...
    if i can i would love to fit a vtec in it.. but is it possible..? and where can i look into other possibilities?

grts!

2. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
  3. 93SPORTSEDAN

93SPORTSEDAN Full member

Belgium, Wilrijk
    Car:
    saab 93 2.2tid
    Thank you t9 man :D The site doesn't contain my version... It's really hard to find parts for a 2.2tid... Bit tthanks anyway!

4. T9 man

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    That's a real shame buddy, do you not have any diesel tuners who could do you a custom map?

Try here these people have one for your car model:
    http://www.viezu.com/Cars/Saab/9-3/9-3-2.2-16V-TID/View-details

Viezu have francise dealers all over the world, I have used them before in the past and they are very good.

5. 93SPORTSEDAN

93SPORTSEDAN Full member

Belgium, Wilrijk
    Car:
    saab 93 2.2tid
    cool thank you! And for an engine swap...? Do you know something about that?

6. T9 man

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    I think the 2.2 was the biggest diesel in the 9-3, the 9-5 had a 3.0 V6 diesel. Once you have the 2.2 remapped you will be pretty close to the power of the 3.0 standard version.

7. 93SPORTSEDAN

93SPORTSEDAN Full member

Belgium, Wilrijk
    Car:
    saab 93 2.2tid
    But do you know if i could put a 2.0l vtec in it?

8. T9 man

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    You can put any engine virtually into any car, there are only 2 limiting factors here - your imagination and your wallet!!

If you really want to do this and I cannot for the life of me think why you would! Then one assumes the most cost effective way would be to buy a whole donor car, this way gearbox, drivetrain, looms, ecu etc can be made to fit the new car but it will NOT be easy.

Last edited: 13 November 2013
  9. 93SPORTSEDAN

93SPORTSEDAN Full member

Belgium, Wilrijk
    Car:
    saab 93 2.2tid
    it isnt for now. IT's for when my 2.2l is totaled (when it has almost 350k km) thats the point where im gonna start thinking of ophanging stuff... But the idea of buying a donor car isnt bad... Although i think repairing the donor car would cost me less haha