'72 240Z from Pittsburgh, PA

PKnFR

Tuner
Car
'88 300ZX Turbo Z31
I own a fairly stock 1972 Datsun 240Z. All the mods up to this point have been mainly asthetic. I am in the process of getting an enhanced inspection (had salvage title), but want to fully mod this vehicle. The problem is that it has such a classy look, its hard to get any ideas. The interior I can kinda figure out, but the exterior.... I can't see what I can do to it. :blink:

I was thinking the hood pins (bonnet pins) would be cool because they would be at the top corners nearest the cockpit (bonnet opens near window instead of grill), but because of the inspection lids... there is no real framework to attach them to. When it comes to vents, I was thinking of taking off the inspection lids and using a wire mesh/grill material to cover the openings.

I want a sick car, but I want it to move as well. Cars with the oversized exhausts, tricked out interiors, loud radios, wide body kits, and flashy lights that are slower than dirt KILL ME. If you talk the talk, walk the walk.

If you have any ideas, please, feel free to share.

Hello and welcome, nice to meet you and I'm a big fan of classic Japanese cars.

The 240z is crying out for chrome, it looks fantastic on a 72 model. The general look of the car is good so I'd probably keep it standard but use a modern paint colour or paint effect.

We have what we call "Old Skool" styling over here where a classic car is smoothed (debadges, grills removed and replaced with a mesh) and extensively modernised (wider wheels, lower suspension more powerful engine etc...) It is a simple look but very effective.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!

Hi mate your post got stuck in the moderation queue as you require 10 posts before you can upload pics or links. I've approved it for you this time mate.;)
Have a wander round an you'll soon hit 10. :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back