£7000 car valet

This is obsesive cleaning....

Even if I had the money to pay someone to do this, I don't think I would.
At the end of the day your car's paint does need to be looked after but if it's driven quite often then there is no need for the car to be this clean. Else you'd never be able to drive it!

It might sound like a good prospect if you had it done say once every 2 years or so... if you had the money. On my car, it just isn't worth it!

The wax is probably Zymols wax, £8k a pot but free refills for life. It's important to understand that this level of detailing takes place over a period of a few days, sometimes weeks. Often multi-layer paint is used to fill in chips etc, to a level where the repair can't even be seen with the naked eye.

To some supercar owners, £7k is like £70.

can a 30 year old man be called "a young entrepreneur"?

or even an entrepreneur if he's charging that much per valet, It would have to include some properly special treatment, a replacement ferrari 250 gto while yours is in would be a start :lol:

Last edited:
You lot are missing the point entirely.

To respray a Veyron to the standard it came out of the factory costs a lot more than to do the same to a Corsa. I mean a LOT more.

Take a PTG gauge to a modern Ferrari, Mclaren, Veyron etc and you'll notice all the paint is virtually the same thickness in every part of the car and very little to no defects in the paint. Try that with a Ford or even an Audi or BMW and you'll see different results.

Utter madness! Probably cheaper to get it resprayed!

the link Hdi put up for a £5k car wash wash from a few years ago. it takes place over a week

same guy done this detail and charged £7k

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=174790

a rep that works for RR said that a respray costs £30k. so for a quarter of the price. getting a finish thats still on original paint and likely to look alot better than on a respray

and backing up MA Lambo's paint shop in Italy spends 250hrs machine polishing every car after painting - both inside and outside of panels - to obtain a perfect paint finish

This is the best detailingworld link ever:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

This bloke bought a brand new Astra VXR. Then he drove it home. Then before driving it again he spent 3 months stripping it down and cleaning it.

I genuinely cannot understand this level of obsession. There's a bloke near me spends 3 hours every single Sunday washing his car and I can't even understand that.

I've seen the article before, my mate shown it to me.

But because he looked after his old blue astra he got top dollor for it when he part exchanged it.

I doubt he got more than someone who'd just taken it down the car wash 5 minutes beforehand.

You are probably right. But with cars your rarely if ever get a return on what you put in.

I can understand it entirely. You have to look at it from outside the car world and treat it as just a hobby, the same as making model aeroplanes or learning a different language or even cleaning your house. People spend hours upon hours doing those things but we just dismiss it as something necessary yet for some reason some people can't their head around detailing?

Yeah you're right but with most hobbies you get something that lasts, be it something to look at, or a new skill, or a better body or whatever.

You spend 3 hours cleaning your car, you then drive it 5 minutes to the shops and it's dirty again. That would do my head in.

Just a wash even for a detailer can be done in half an hour or so, it's the actual correction and protection that takes the time once it's clean, and as far as the correction is concerned it lasts forever so you do get something that lasts! Longer than a better body too if you stop exercising haha.

fair play to the guy for wanting his pride and joy to look as good as possible and from what i could be bothered to read it did look really nice, but as Yugguy said I doubt he got any more for his old one than someone who chucked a bucket of water over it the day before parting with it, after all these things are designed to be driven not standing around like ornaments,

Last edited:
Well said BUT if you get away with having one car for knocking about in and another nicer car for weekends/shows/restoring/whatever would you bother bringing it out on rainy or icey days when you can't drive it to its full potential anyway?

Well said BUT if you get away with having one car for knocking about in and another nicer car for weekends/shows/restoring/whatever would you bother bringing it out on rainy or icey days when you can't drive it to its full potential anyway?

thats a good point and if i had the mahoney that's exactly what i would do :lol:

Agreed there,

I don't think I would bring my weekend car out on a rainy day, not because I'd get it dirty, just because I couldn't drive it properly.
In my world if I were to collect cars, I would drive them as much as I can, I don't see any point of buying a car to to say you've got it and keep it locked away.
JK drives his Miura SV like he stole it!