405 x2

AbrahamLang

Car
91 405DL & 405mi16
what up fellas,
i have 2 405's one is DL the other is a mi16 both 91's and manual trans..
originally i got the DL as a project it was grandmas car but it
had sat for more than 10 years so i began pricing parts out and it got expensive really fast...

so i purchased the mi16 so this would eliminate most of my costly parts
but now ive done a little more research and from what i gathered the mi16
is the motor to have.. so i still plan to fix up the DL and get it running as a daily driver but would like to get more power outta the SOHC if possible maybe a turbo? or something... Any thoughts im a newbee to the peugeos...

In the future i plan on swapping the mi16 for the DL motor

Hey and welcome

whats the DL ?
yeah the Mi16 engines were in demand over here to fit into the smaller pugs

I am 100% sure that engine is in some of the earlier 306 models..and I think some parts can be transplanted from the gti6 or rallye and should work, there has been a lot of mi16 conversions. If I were you, I'd look at throttle bodies for it, especially if its the engine I think it is.

Yeah I herd of the 306 swap... The DL motor is just a SOHC 1.9 lt. So I prefer to strap a turbo to it...I know mi16 also came as T16 turbo car... Any leads where I can buy a super / Turbo charger ?

tcsmileysign.gif

Good news Lynx tuning make superchargers mi16 2.0 bad news is they seem to be UK based only... I think the best thing is wait for some one to come along that knows a little more about super/turbo charging. Just wondering is your mi16 an XUD9 block or XUD10?

Last edited:
Cool I'm in san Diego county ,Ca ... Don't have many resources here in town I found I have better luck online ...I gotta pull out the mi16 outta da donor car then I can begin the rebuild process
Thanx man

Cool I'm in san Diego county ,Ca ... Don't have many resources here in town I found I have better luck online ...I gotta pull out the mi16 outta da donor car then I can begin the rebuild process
Thanx man

You're welcome! I hope all goes well! Another member should be along soon with more accurate knowledge of superchargers :lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back