207 GTI Re Map

M

Motty

Hey got a 207 gti, thinking of re mapping it? people have been telling me its a waste off money, as you probs only get about 10 bhp on it?
Also any ideas on how to speed my car up?
Iv had a new exuast put on and an pipercross induction kit, anything else i could look out for?
thanx

Fast road cam then do a remap and you'd get another 10-15% of power!:evil:

Hello and welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy the site as much as we all do.

Peak power is only a small part of the equation, the car will pull better thoughout the rev range and it will feel quicker.

My 207 GTI was remapped by a chap called SALEX (Removed URL reference as per our T&C's) and mine is running 210 BHP and 330 NM torque. Huge difference in performance! The only thing you need to do once it's done is change your plugs and reduce the spark gap down. Loads of info on this on that forum.

Sorry buddy, your post got stuck in the moderation queue as new members need 10 posts before being allowed to post any URL links or photos. Have a look around the site and get involved in some of the other threads and you will hit 10 in no time.

T9 man
Moderator.

Greetings jkenmulebz and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

If done by a reputable company or some one knowledgeable in the black arts then most definitely.

to add a bit more as long as your safe on the engine as well.
servicing has to be up to scratch, use quality fuels and be nice with the engine - let it warm up before giving it the beans and allow it to cool for a few mins before switching off.

the fuel may be the issue as i dont know what south africa is like for fuel compared to here so maps might have to be setup slightly differently so less power is given

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.
What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back