Torque Cars

207 150 thp

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by MattMogley, 30 September 2014.

1. MattMogley

MattMogley New member

hinckley
    Car:
    peugeot 207 150thp
    Hey guys I have a Peugeot 207 sport xs 150thp
    basically I want to get the most out of it (bhp) but unfortunately no naff all about cars or where to start. I was thinking stage 2 remap with a full Miltek exhaust system. But I don’t no exactly what I need to achieve this any help on what exhaust system intercooler or any other component required would be much appreciated cheers

Mogley :D

2. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    Hi and welcome.

If this is the turbo with 148bhp/177lbft then a performance map from the likes of Celtic Tuning will bump this to around 185bhp/220lbft.

What's the difference between a stage 1 and stage 2 remap and who offers these?

As this is a turbo, changing the exhaust will make even less of an improvement than if the engine was N/A. However, if you still want to change it, do it BEFORE the remap.

MattMogley likes this.
  3. MattMogley

MattMogley New member

hinckley
    Car:
    peugeot 207 150thp
    thanks for the onfo. i was told there are 4 stages of mapping first stage is like a simple remap and exhuast change then stage two is a better mapping which needs more adding to it like an intercooler and some other parts, yes it is the 148bhp/177lbft turbo

4. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings MattMogley and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

5. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
    Hope you enjoy your time with us.

6. st24

st24 The Torque Meister

uk basingstoke
    Car:
    Insignia cdti 160
    Hello and welcome.

7. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    Sounds a bit strange to me. Have a look here:

celtictuning.co.uk

8. MattMogley

MattMogley New member

hinckley
    Car:
    peugeot 207 150thp
    thanks for the welcome guys

I have had a look on the website and like you say it does sound abit strange. my info is only from what people have told me in the past, maybe remap is just a remap but then to get more bhp you start adding more bits like upreated intercooler and what not,