2000 Celica GT

A

analog002

My parents bought me a used 2000 Celica GT. So I've constantly been going back and forth between trying to figure out if I want to spend money on this car or just sell it and buy something else. The Celica is completely stock, and is also automatic.... Only reason for debate is I'm not sure if putting money into the car would be worth it, as compared to saving and buying something else. Which is why im here for 2nd opinions :)

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. You are so lucky, I wish my parents bought me a car.

The auto box will hamper your fun in the car. The GT Four is a superb car perhaps this might be the logical next step for you. Enjoy the car as it is but I would save up and get a better manual car for tuning.

I guess it is not a turbo either which is a shame, these can give really good power gains using the Apexii Power FC or similar ECU.

these cars can be a beast if u go along the right steps with em'
im a fan of celicas and they are cars with loads of potential.

what year is urs????

i am also having the same problem, only thing is mine is a keeper spent 2 years making it look insane now im trying the engine was interested in an engine swape but cant find a suitable engine that i can use without major fabrication. anyone have any ideas mine is a 2002 toyota celica gt. anyone wants to check her out she is at www.colinepeddle.com just go to the automotive portfolio, she's the candy yellow celica, you will know it when you see it.

I like the way celica can be drive,i have too celica from 2000,i am wery pleased with the car,actualy that was the first car,where i could do a drift with out hand brake...so beautiful,my is manual 6 speed,stock look,but i am preparing her for light tuning.

Welcome to TorqueCars, good to see a few Celica owners on here. What mods are you planning for your car then?