1st car mods

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What mods did you do to your first car? With the benefit of experience do you think this was a good idea.

I only had a chance to fit a radio and magic tree air freshner to my first car before I crashed it.:(

fitted cdplayer and new speakers all round
:embarrest: EL wire around the gearknob and cash, neons in the boot and footwells :embarrest:

playing around with the car wiring learning the basics out of it.
lives, switched live, earth, switched earth, relays etc

New radio and alloys. Both got stolen 1 month later and I couldn't afford to get the theft cover.

double valve springs , twin carbs & extractors . was a total waste of time as no other mods were done, sounded sweet but thats it .

Waynne means the mods on your first car, not the first mods on your existing car you donut.

Aboslutely nothing, knew I wouldn't be keeping it long enough to bother.

woops!

Well, in that case - the same applies. It was alloy wheels on my first car too (Rover 216SLi)

Ford Anglia 105E 997cc
Replaced engine with a 1200cc one
The difference in power felt amazing. Later on I fitted a 1500cc lump and was disappointed. It wasn't until I fitted nitrous to my Elan in 1983 that I got the same buzz.

only changed to leatherette seats..
but still have some plans since i just got my own 1st car this year :lol:

I had an 850 Mini, we made a home made centre exit exhaust, XR2 seats and a TR7 steering wheels...oh the shame!! LOL

ha cheesy seat cover a universal back box (didnt even try and get the correct 1 for the car gear knob air filter god it was an animal!!! (actually not lol a rolling skip was what is was decribed as:p )

Fabricated an intake system for my Hudson Commodore(straight 8) and installed 8 Amal motorcycle carbs, and a free flow exhaust system, can't say if it was worth the effort, though!

Electric windows add on kit, electric aerial, grey fur roof lining and a fire extinguisher for my old mk1 Capri :)

Still on my firs car myself.
Just added a fart can. I know its a little rice even for my own taste but i just love a bit of noise in my machine. And I think this mod is allright thow as long as your not deluded into thinking it gives you more power.
And a new radio and speakers. oh yea and a TRD sun visor.
I also replaced the air box with a cheap mushroom filter but changed it back after i had a notion i might be actualy be loosing some power with it sucking in warm air. stupid really probobly wouldent make a sygnificant difference eather way.

Last edited:
I changed the stereo. That's it. It was a 1.0L Corsa... There was no point spending any money on it. When I sold it, I took the stereo so I didn't lose any money on it. In fact, the stereo is in my Beemer!