1999 accord turbo

DaltonParrish

Car
1999 Honda Accord
hello, i have a 1999 honda accord and am getting ready to put a bolt on turbo, I plan to run it anywhere from7-10 psi. I am wandering if anyone has suggestions to additional upgrades i should do for either protection (which is important to me) and or additional safe power. as this is my daily driver.

Thanks guys

Hi and welcome to TC forums.
I ain't no mechanic but I do know manufacturers spend millions developing turbocharged engines which are normally very different in configuration to the n/a version. How you control the extra heat, increased stress on the engine components, ecu management etc etc. As Sleeper says you cannot bolt a turbo on

yeah i know you cant just bolt on the turbo i have a full kit, new manifolr, tubing wastegate, intercooler, bloqw off valve ect. ect. i have everything and i understand how to install it and how turbos generally work. I just am unsure if i need to upgrade my fuel pump or injectors also or even my intake manifold.. or if i should get an electronic reader like an edge to moniotor everything or if gagues are fine. just the extras

Injectors - Need to be capable of supplying the fuel for the power increase. Most will cope with a small increase, but bolting a turbo on will probably max out standard injectors.

Fuel pump - See above.

Intake manifold - Confused. You say you have a new manifold but then ask if you should upgrade your manifold. Which is it?

Edge electronic reader - Do you mean a turbo timer? If so, not necessary but some people like them.

Have a read of this:

http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/technical/why-turbocharge/turbocharging-normally-aspirated-car/

Okay sorry i worded it wrongi have a new header that replaces the header and the turbo connects to then the down pipe from there and have not upgraded the intake manifold. and
Edge is just it brand it is one of the computer reader that displays information and you can adjust it a little through the screen

and okay i will definetly get injectors then.. Question on that are used "refurbished Injectors a bad idea?
Had a friend offer me. ASE certified guy and what not. but dont want to waste my money.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back