1997 1.6i vtec honda chip

Denzel

Car
Honda Civic 1.6Vtec
Hi all, i own a Honda vtec 1.6i vtec and i want to increase the power a bit, i was told that by chipping the car i would get excellent power increase at a fair price! but thing is what chip i install???

any idea's???

The car is completely standard, the only thing that i have done is a 63mm exhaust upgrade with Piper Exhaust's. no branch.

why do you say that i must chip the car? please explain i really would like to know!

thanks.

Honda's don't gain much from chipping. You'd be better off with a cold air induction, fast road cams and a 4 branch manifold.

By Installing all of this would i there after need a chip for tunning the air fuel etc. what fast road cams do you suggest?

thanks for all the info guys!

well i was told that my honda has about 118kw i think on the fly??? i would like to bring that to the wheels if possible or round it of to 120kw on the wheels!

what should i do?

Ok...to get 160 bhp to the wheels you'll about another 20/30 bhp. Go for the mods I've already said about above...and get a set of performance tires. Personally I have Lexani tires. Once you have done all of that, get it dyno'd.

Ok...to get 160 bhp to the wheels you'll about another 20/30 bhp. Go for the mods I've already said about above...and get a set of performance tires. Personally I have Lexani tires. Once you have done all of that, get it dyno'd.

i will have all this done in the new week! after dyno i will let you know how it went...

thank you for all the help