18's on a civic?

TITAN

Tuner
Car
Honda Civic EG
does anyone know if its possible to get 18 inch alloys under civic arches? also what adjustments would need to be made?

its a '94 civic hatchback

thanks

Last edited:
18's are going on my 99 Coupe no problem. They should fit with some low profile tires! If they don't fit you can always have the arches popped/modified. What rims are you thinking of?

a m8 of mine tuned his car up and put a turbo in it but ended up blowing up the engine cos the car couldnt cope with it and he is now selling parts from it so i myt take the alloys off him

i dont know what they are really just that theyre alpina 18's in silver

im only thinkin of taking them off him cos he wont want much 4 them and its cheaper than buying a set brand new

i myt jus save up tho and end up buying a set i really like such as a set of enkei's or something

also what would you recommend i do first buy alloys or lowered suspension kit?

Hmm, any idea what boost he was trying to run? Its a shame it broke I bet he spent a lot of time on it.

18's are going to kill your ride quality though - its a looks thing I guess ;)

How low do you want to lower it? If you go too low you will need the arches popping. Would you rather have the car low or have big rims?

Hmm, any idea what boost he was trying to run? Its a shame it broke I bet he spent a lot of time on it.

18's are going to kill your ride quality though - its a looks thing I guess ;)

no i dont kno what boost he was tryin to run but obviously too much for the car lol it was one of them lil hatchback proton's (not sure what model it is)

y do bigger wheels mean worse ride quality?

How low do you want to lower it? If you go too low you will need the arches popping. Would you rather have the car low or have big rims?

i was hopin to lower it around 40-50mm and i would rather this than 18's. could i get 17's in with this drop?

and what does popping the arches mean?

its the same as rolling the arches

the larger tyres have lower profile tyres. these have stronger sidewalls that dont have as much flex as a wider profile. so you feel the road alot more

PG has covered the drawbacks of the tyres on the larger wheels but the actual larger wheels cause problems themselves.

Larger wheels are subject to "tramlining" where they resist direction changes and follow ruts in the road surface, they also are heavier so you are increasing your unsprung weight and the size alters the gearing reducing your acceleration and top speed.