How long for the log book to come through?

Car
Skoda Fabia vRS
I bought my vRS on the 28th August but I am still waiting for the logbook to come through. It's been a month now and I'm starting to worry a bit. I've even had a letter off the DVLA saying that I no longer own my last car which I sold AFTER I bought my vRS.

So how long should it take for it to come through? I'm not selling it anytime soon but I want to change my number plates as they were not put on straight and I don't like the dealer text on the bottom.

Thanks to all who respond.

Martyn

Edit: I contacted the bloke I bought it off and he said he sent it the day after I bought the car.

i would have thought a month would be long enough tbh phone the dvla and tell them you haver not received the v5 and ask them what form to get from the post office to register the vehicle in your name then fill it out then they will send a letter to the previous owner asking wether he sold the vehicle he replies or dosent then you get the v5 come through

off topic but how are the fabia vrs's to own, maintain, drive cause it was on my short list whyen i was looking for a car last

off topic but how are the fabia vrs's to own, maintain, drive cause it was on my short list when i was looking for a car last

Yeah it's the best all round car IMO for my budget. Very easy to drive fast or economically. The steering for me is perfectly weighted and not over light. It's practical but it can't tow. Doesn't bother me as I haven't done my trailer test.

Servicing is reasonable. I think a full service is just under £200 at the dealer. The best thing I like with it is that I was briskly following my mate's 1.8 Astra through some lanes down the Gower. All I did was keep up with him and when we stopped I was still doing 45mpg.

If I'm honest I do miss a revvy petrol but the Fabia's pull in ANY gear is astonishing. Even in 6th at 50mph just put your foot to the mat and in no time at all you can be well past the limit. The main reason I bought it was that if I wanted to go for a blast I could still have good mpg and if I wanted a petrol with the same performance it would cost much more on fuel and I couldn't insure it.