Xsara estate 2.0 HDI 110

cossy819

Hi guys im new here and have just been given a Y reg xsara estate and was wondering how i could up the BHP to roughly 150? Also can the turbo be swapped for a bigger one and the intercooler to? i know a superchip would give me approx 26bhp more but like i said im after more having owned a RS2000 and a RS turbo cheers guys

Hi there cossy819 and welcome to TorqueCars. Nice to have you along. Thats a bit lucky getting given a car! :mrgreen:

Not sure an intercooler would make much difference on a diesel engine but you could certainly get it remapped. A custom remap could add another 30 or 40 bhp so this would be the way i'd go to achieve your aim.

There are also some bigger turbos out there that can be bolted on, have a look at some of the Peugeot turbo suppliers.

Is it the same engine as whats in the 406 HDI and can parts be used like turbo's and stuff that are made for the 406?

Thanks for the welcome

I think so. HDI-fun is the guy to ask really. The mounts are probably different and I beleive that Citroen use their own mapping on these engines.

just picked up my new car this weekend and got it insured the insurance company have said its the 110bhp model but when a mech friend of mine had a look at it he said it was the 90bhp because there is no intercooler. Where would the intercooler be and how hard are they to fit cheers???

The 110bhp definitely has an intercooler and the 90bhp doesn't. Despite common belief, they are as essential with diesel engines as they are with petrol ones. A remap will probably get you about 150bhp and a similar hike in torque output. My 2.2 went all the way to 192bhp!

so first i need to get an intercooler fitted? if so is it easy to do? then a remap what else could i do up the power?