Why that particular car?

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Some of us on here are one make or even one model fanatics.

Why are you, or how did you end up, a pasionate lover of your particualr car/model to the exclusion of all others?

My story

When I passed my test at 1970 I bought a 1964 Ford Anglia 105E. The engine was soon upgraded to the 1200cc version.

A year later I was fitting a flip front and a 1500cc lump. I then decided to make it into a club rally car so I needed a runaround vehicle. A guy at work bought an Elan +2 and I thought, Ooooh, that's quite nice so I started looking at Lotuses. A local garage had an Elan for sale which I bought, not knowing very much about them. This was back in around 1974 and it's the car I still have.

I soon started to play around with the Elan and the rally project died.

I am still playing around with the car, albeit with a break between 1985 and 2005.

What a great question OG, nothing to add to this one, so I will sit on the side and watch this one unfold
drinkandnibbles.gif

For years I was a Vauxhall nut, Magnums, Firenzas etc. Moved onto MGs and have had the ZS for nearly 8 years now. I was after another Firenza but very little around now. Bought the ZS when it was around 18 months old as always liked them when they first came out. After regretting selling many cars before I thought not ths time as it still makes me smile. I know its not a 400+ bhp turbo monster but I enjoy it, great chassis and great V6 soundtrack. Power isn't everything.

ive always been a fan fan of the older jap cars 90-98 and whilst i was looking to off my integra i always wanted the gt4 st205 but ended up with the st185 which was a good car but i wanted a st205 as i no a few people who have had one and never had a bad word to say so recently had just enough cash to buy one.

I can say i no what they were talking about the looks and power always put a big smile on my face when i take it out.

i wanted something that was unusual and ideally a fast estate

always been into gap cars so had a look on the japanese websites for something different

I found a stagea and liked the idea so bought one in japan. it was at the time pretty much unknown drove it back from the docks and by the time I was home I was hooked

they were so rare that when i turned u at a gtr meet it was the main interest and it was only an auto.

six years on and I am still driving one......

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back