watsup...

gary

Car
07' Scion tC 5spd
Hey people,

I'm Gary from Cleveland, OH. New to modding/driving but not to forums. I drive an 07' tC 5spd, and I'm thinking of making a few minor mods. But I have A LOT to learn.... I'm sure this forum will help out tons :bigsmile:

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Hey thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I have a strong passion for cars, but the only problem is I have no idea how to do any work on them. But I want to learn. Any ideas on the best ways to learn how to do engine/suspension or any other car modding/fixing to a car? Should I just mess around with the engine and take it apart and put it back together? Or would taking a class be the best way to learn about cars?

My scion is stock for right now, but I plan on doing a few minor bolt-on mods just for the hell of it, and experience. I plan on getting a TRD axleback, and an aftermarket midpipe, just for the hell of it, and the sound is amazing. Maybe along the road I'll get a CAI and a few other mods...i'm not sure yet..

But before I do anything to my car I have to know how to do it you know what I mean?
So what do you guy's/gals suggest, take an automotive class? or the best way to learn would be to just dive in and start messing with things, trial and error sort of..?

I'm not so sure about going F/I yet, I have no idea how a turbo works or how to maintain a boosted car, and definitely don't know how to install it... or anything to do with the engine as matter of fact... so any ideas?

And what mods do you people think that I should do first, or any mod at all.. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if i'm bothering anyone by asking all of these noob questions lol, but I just have a real big passion for modding and cars in general..

Thanks, and nice to meet you all...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back