Sub In Parcel Shelf

Jose Amnesia

Ok my sub is in a box atm straight from my old car. Someone has had the idea of reinforcing the parcel shelf (Ford Focus) with wood, and mounting the sub in there, using the boot as a bass box and retaining some space for luggage?? Is this wisE??????? I've never seen it done so there must be a reason why it hasn't ?? My thinking maybe it will shake the parcel shelf off its brackets?? Dunno!??!?!1

Its a lot of weight for the whole rear parcel shelf and its mounts to handle = they quickly buckle especially when on bumpy roads.

Thanx :) just one thing the base of the boot is kinda flimsy cause the spare wheel is underneath it maybe the sub will bounce around??? also any idea what the speaker wells in focus are? whats size speakers go in them??

I'd build a custom speaker box to sit in the boot if I were you - you'll get much better Bass response.

Thanx :) just one thing the base of the boot is kinda flimsy cause the spare wheel is underneath it maybe the sub will bounce around??? also any idea what the speaker wells in focus are? whats size speakers go in them??

If you get a reasonable size box (2x10" or a 12") and velcro it to the carpet it should stay put, and because you have used velcro you can easily remove it if you need the extra boot space. Thats what I do with mine anyway.

Where can I get some velcro?? Its already in a ported box 12" i fink do u know where i cud find some info on how to tear my car apart saftley and like dimensions of the standad speaker wells on focus

if you really want to be different and put ur sub on your parcel shelf then go on www.caraudiosecurity.com they do on there reinforced parcel shalfs that can stand a lot of weight. this is because of people like you who have crazy ideas. the only problem would be the bracets but i mean make them stronger with some wood and you would be fine.

if you do manage to do that can you post some pics to me as im very interested.

cheers

In my opnion dont do it itsl just mess up your sub as it wont have enuf space and air pressure to cool the motor and magnet and cud cause overheating and premature burn out

In my opnion dont do it itsl just mess up your sub as it wont have enuf space and air pressure to cool the motor and magnet and cud cause overheating and premature burn out

How can you say that? If it's in the parcel shelf then it's got all the boot space so there would be plenty of air to move around.

How can you say that? If it's in the parcel shelf then it's got all the boot space so there would be plenty of air to move around.

to much air my ferind way to much air its like y u have turbo deisel injectors more pressure less space .. the more air u move fast the deeper the bass so if u have to much air to move u sounds has distortion... subs rely on back pressure from the air being moved not only from the front buh also the back

to much air my ferind way to much air its like y u have turbo deisel injectors more pressure less space .. the more air u move fast the deeper the bass so if u have to much air to move u sounds has distortion... subs rely on back pressure from the air being moved not only from the front buh also the back

Correct me if I'm wrong but your first post here say there won't be enough air?

yup you can do it but as pointed out youll need to make an enclouser of the correct space under the sub.
for an average 12" sub your looking at around 28ltrs not including the sub, so really youll need 31-32 ltrs