saxo into 306

smiffeer03

Car
306 1.4
hi, ive got a 306 1.4 and im trying to fit a saxo 1.4 engine into it. i believe the engine is a vtr and all the bits are swapping over great apart from the inlet manifold. I need to use the saxo manifold with the pug throttle housing as the pug throttle has 4 sensors and the saxo only has two. The problem is they dont fit together as the bolt holes wont line up. Has anyone come across this before or does anyone know if another peugeot throttle might fit ? thanks.

to be honest i aint got much of a clue. i bought this as advertised as a 1.4 saxo engine with 42000 miles on it. its as clean as a whistle and only got it as i didnt want to buy a clapped out 1.4 pug engine and was told that even though this engine is 2003 it would fit if i changed all the bits. all the bits are swapping ok apart from the throttle to the inlet as ive said. the inlet ports on the saxo engine are larger than the old pugs and so i cant use the pugs inlet manifold as they dont line up. any ideas what will fit and what engine have i bought ? thanks

to be honest i aint got much of a clue. i bought this as advertised as a 1.4 saxo engine with 42000 miles on it. its as clean as a whistle and only got it as i didnt want to buy a clapped out 1.4 pug engine and was told that even though this engine is 2003 it would fit if i changed all the bits. all the bits are swapping ok apart from the throttle to the inlet as ive said. the inlet ports on the saxo engine are larger than the old pugs and so i cant use the pugs inlet manifold as they dont line up. any ideas what will fit and what engine have i bought ? thanks

PSA have shared engines for years and many years.

Yes it will fit no problems it's the same engine,

vtr's are 1.6 8v making 90 hp with the black top engines
and 100 hp on the later silver top engines

vts' are 1.6 16v with 120 hp same engine in the 106 gti

If the engines came from different years as well that will have something to do with it, early 1.4's had single point injection and later one's had multi point, also i think very early ones had a carb...
I would say that might have something to do with the throttle not fitting, also something I noticed on those engines in the 306 is that they have some very restrictive intake pipe work, leading to the air box, maybe you could replace it while you are at it, I wouldn't bother replacing the filter for an aftermarket one, just use oem paper ones on that car