Replacing a 4age

L

locost 4age

Hi
At present i run a locost kit car fitted with a 4age motor on home maid throttle bodies ( cut down weber 40,s) control of the injectors and edis ignition is via megasqirt. Power is 145 bhp (dyno).
The gearbox is a ford type 9 and Raw Engineering bell housig.
My question is will any of the other Toyota engines fit this bell housing.
The bell housing pattern is the same as the MR2 for the 4age motor.
I have no problem with fitting e.g. mountings.

Hi locost!

Sounds fast mate! I never knew a toyota mr2 engine would mate straight up to a ford type 9 gearbox, i'm now kicking myself for letting my old celica go now!!! As the celica's got same engine as the MR2 I could of put it in my sierra. oh well live and learn! So I suppose a celica GT4 engine would bolt on too! oh la la!!!! That would make your locost fly!! 2ltr 16v mad jap turbo! mate had one and tuned it to over 300bhp, mad enough in the celica but mental in a locost!! make sure u look at the brakes as well!!
I don't get wot u mean about the home made throttle boddies though. You say that they are made from cut down weber 40's. Weber 40's are carb's, very different from any throttle body and dont have a TPS on normally! How have you set it all up, well curious!
How did u find working with the megasquirt? i'm experimenting with the mega jolt at the moment!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back